Diablo® III

Monks need an easier way to get Spirit.

The fact that we have to go in and do damage to get spirit while Barbs can get fury by being hit AND doing damage. They always have max fury. We barely have any Spirit at all, ever.

I have a really hard time staying in long enough to get enough Spirit to do pretty much anything in Inferno. I can use a couple spells but when I get low I cant just sit in the middle of mobs and Revenge like a Barb to get health back because my sustain is just flat out worse.

Either our Mystic Ally hits should generate spirit for us, or we should get Spirit on dodge.
Edited by Kristine#1933 on 5/24/2012 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Air Ally?

Even though it's a damage loss, take one of the spirit regen runes with a spirit gen attack for extra spirit. Once I switched, I regularly have full spirit except for when I have to burst through my spirit.
Reply Quote
If you take the spirit generation skills/passives than you can get a pretty substantial passive Spirit regen.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Youcoulddie
If you take the spirit generation skills/passives than you can get a pretty substantial passive Spirit regen.

you cant take the spirit regeneration passive or more than 1 generator in inferno. you need all the defensive abilities you can get.
Reply Quote
Barbs only gain Fury from taking damage if it is non-physical and they have the appropriate Passive. This isn't WoW.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bZXifQ!cbY!ccbYYZ

There ya go.

those passives would never work in inferno.
Reply Quote

those passives would never work in inferno.

why?

Do you not know how to kite?

kite on a melee character with only 1 short range spell. right.
Reply Quote
73 Troll Druid

why?

Do you not know how to kite?

kite on a melee character with only 1 short range spell. right.

although not always viable, deadly reach, mystic earth ally, wave of light with reduced spirit rune, ytar kick and aoe slow mantra, are good sources of range dmg/kiting tools js
Reply Quote
Monk is a melee attack... how do u suppose a monk to kite when what you can do is got 1 or 2 shot? you can't even get near the enemy
Reply Quote
Just get a spirit regen stat on a helm / monk weapon?
Its not like you need loads to start up a chain using cooldowns (currently having 1.2), its enought to at least have enought for Immunity so i can get some hits in. *Laughts*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]