As you may or may not be aware :
- Energy Twister deals it's damage over time, so while that 360/468% damage looks amazing in reality it's 60/78% damage.
- Energy Twister is sporadic, slow and tends not to go where you want it to.
- Anything with a Fast Affix or simply natural speed (damn soul ripper tounge demons) may not even take a single tick!
Now that said - Diablo Clones love using this ability. Upgrading it will make him significantly harder!
So here are my ideas :
1) Increase the damage to 160% damage per tick. This means it'll do slightly less then a celestial arcane orb (which is gaurenteed to hit a mob). Fast affix mobs will still be a hassle, but you can at least dump them in their face. A lucky hit will net you 960% damage, but the probability of that occuring outside of small coridoors is low.
2) Change the damage to instant - anything hit is hit once only - but deals the full 360/468. That puts the skill slightly weaker then Zombie Bears, letting it be a nice pbaoe. It's weakness would be its like a shotgun, you can't rely on it from far.
3) Go back to the Druid roots and give these boys a high chance to proc a stun. Make them more spammable and increase their speed ever so slightly.
4) Make them the spiritual successor to D2 Charged Bolts. Spammable, cheap, highly erratic damage that always starts at point blank.
What do you guys think would make Energy Twister worth investing into and a more interesting skill?