Diablo® III

Finished Nightmare, Should I Farm Whimsyshire

So I just cleared nightmare tonight and started a bit of hell (almost up to the skeleton king). One thing I immediately noticed was that it took very long to kill elites. I killed diablo in nightmare using a 150 dps 2h crossbow, I was at like 4-5k DPS with sharpshooter. After noticing how slow everything was going I checked the AH and found tons of weapons around my level for 10-20k, I ended up getting a 270 DPS yellow crossbow with like 100 dex, a socket, and 30% crit damage for 7k gold. I thought it was a great buy and it basically doubled my DPS.

Because of this apparent HUGE jump in gear happening at this level (I wasnt finding anything close to that in act 3/4 nightmare), I began wondering if I could find gear of similar quality by running whimsyshire, and if it was worth farming it to help make hell a bit easier. I still need to upgrade the staff which I need another 100k for but that's not a big deal. Any advice would be great, thanks.

P.S. I also want to mention that my DPS now with this new bow (with sharpshooter) is 12k, I just hit level 52 tonight. Is this acceptable for starting hell? Thanks for the input.
Edited by Dangerhorse#1845 on 5/26/2012 2:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Easily. I had that much finishing Hell.
Reply Quote
Nightmare//Hell jump isn't that bad. Considering the type of the monsters in act 1 (slow zombies) the jump generally is pretty easy, especially for the nimble DH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]