Diablo® III

Demon hunter solo inferno build

So here's my solo inferno build for Demon hunters And its after smokescreen "nerf"
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRYVXZ!Zce!YcZbZa

It should work as long as your weapon is better than mine (700ish damage) u should be able to get a 800ish dmg one from ah for only around 200-300k gold

I don`t know if any1 else has used this build or posted it before i just decided to share this with you since i had a lot of problems b4 this build
Reply Quote
how can you use clatrop and smoke screen in the same build?? i have them both on the same skill pick (defensive).
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Guillk
how can you use clatrop and smoke screen in the same build?? i have them both on the same skill pick (defensive).

Look in the options menu there is a option for Elective mode. Enable it and you can use any skill on any slot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So here's my solo inferno build for Demon hunters And its after smokescreen "nerf"
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRYVXZ!Zce!YcZbZa

It should work as long as your weapon is better than mine (700ish damage) u should be able to get a 800ish dmg one from ah for only around 200-300k gold

I don`t know if any1 else has used this build or posted it before i just decided to share this with you since i had a lot of problems b4 this build

I am using almost the exact same build as your but I am using Lightning Ball over nether tentacles and Impale with Grievous Wound. Reasons due to nether tentacles isn't doing enough AOE attacks when I face a big group and Impale with Grievous Wound pretty much 1-2 shot most monster.

For passive I am using Steady Aim, Sharpshooter and Archery.
Edited by Fellex#1463 on 5/26/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like going screaming skull for elemental arrow and have stampede for impact. Impact is nice but with the build in fear from skull you can basically kite and outplay most elites and still do decent damage
Reply Quote
What setup are you using for boss fights? samething Im struggling trying to find a good dps spec for just bosses.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Street

Look in the options menu there is a option for Elective mode. Enable it and you can use any skill on any slot.

HOLLLYYY !@#$TT i just went trough all this %^-* and i just found out about this????? OMFG
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Guillk

HOLLLYYY !@#$TT i just went trough all this %^-* and i just found out about this????? OMFG

yea its ridiculous that its not on automaticly. cos its rly easy to miss cos who would thought that theres something like that in the options if u havent heard it from some one. i found it after got first char to inferno and looked some video from u tube. but srsly it should be that it would be ON right away when u first start the game cos theres nothing in the skill trees that says that u can but that kinda thing on, so theres probaly thousands ppl who have missed it completly also.
Reply Quote
OMG thank you! From the tooltip I just assumed that it would let you rearrange your bars, not pick two skills from the same list. Doh!
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Guillk

lol srsly. every time i would get some money i read that question, i would be rich. Do ppl actually look in options before start playing a game? Or read forums/game guides etc?

In my eyes its unbelievable how many do not know that, even if its in options menu where its explained.

Blizzard really should do it by default on, to many dumb people out there.
Reply Quote
Anyways, to steer this back to a non mud flinging thread...

Really cool build OP! I didn't like Entangling Shot and hadn't looked at the ability for quite some time. Was really surprised by the synergy of the primary/secondary attacks and the damage it could put out. I had been running Hell Act 4, to supplement whatever I managed to do in Inferno Act 1, and did a run through with this and it was incredibly easy (yeah yeah, Hell is easy anyways). Felt like a MMA champion fighting a bunch of elementary school kids.
Reply Quote
amazing build, as long as you have room to kite, you can mow things down in time.
Reply Quote
This is truly an amazing build.
Reply Quote
Maybe Im just bad, but this build gets me killed faster than my current. I've never used the "OP" SS build, but now that it's nerfed to 1.5 sec w/ rune, it is pretty worthless.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Dangles
Maybe Im just bad, but this build gets me killed faster than my current. I've never used the "OP" SS build, but now that it's nerfed to 1.5 sec w/ rune, it is pretty worthless.

even though it got nerfed its still the best defensive skill DH has. It makes you immune to dmg and automatically breaks you free of any crowd control, including the butchers chain and other boss stuns.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WRYVXj!afY!bbZbYa

heres my build that is getting me passed inferno. I use tactical advantage because after the nerf to smoke screen i noticed that the burst of speed you get from tactical advantage is faster (and now longer) than the displacement rune for smoke screen. It alone has kept me alive in inferno. I use the perfectionist passive and the special recipe rune to allow myself to disappear and run out of bad situations and continue kiting whenever i need to. I use screaming skull because it procs allot and because elemental arrow hits all targets in a line, it can fear hoards at a time. last but not least caltrops with torturous ground is amazing. Always stand in the middle of it and enemies cant sneak up on you and fast enemies cant hit you. (except the snake people in act 2, their reach is stupid).
Edited by Tragedy#1496 on 5/29/2012 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Build isn't really that great.

-Entangling shot, redundant as you have caltrops in your build, not worth the loss of devouring arrow for the extra hatred regen, either.

-Battle Scars prep rune, useless in inferno in any act other than act 1 unless you're rolling some high survivability build that you wont kill anything with. Given you get one shot. Also makes kiting for long periods impossible when you run out of discipline. Focused mind clearly superior.

-Thrill of the hunt, Anything more than caltrops is redundant unless you're against fast mobs, but in this case it's either a skip or burn down fast with a wall of immobilize traps.

-Impale, i find this only useful for mobile bosses that constantly move all over. But even then it's better to use Devouring arrow when they move to pool up hatred for NT spam when they stop.

-Lingering fog rune, really doesn't help much to the duration of the smoke screen. If you're basing it off the tooltip, then it's wrong. 35% movement speed would be a better choice to get away faster to place more traps and thus plant faster to do more damage.
Reply Quote
Build isn't really that great.

-Entangling shot, redundant as you have caltrops in your build, not worth the loss of devouring arrow for the extra hatred regen, either.

-Battle Scars prep rune, useless in inferno in any act other than act 1 unless you're rolling some high survivability build that you wont kill anything with. Given you get one shot. Also makes kiting for long periods impossible when you run out of discipline. Focused mind clearly superior.

-Thrill of the hunt, Anything more than caltrops is redundant unless you're against fast mobs, but in this case it's either a skip or burn down fast with a wall of immobilize traps.

-Impale, i find this only useful for mobile bosses that constantly move all over. But even then it's better to use Devouring arrow when they move to pool up hatred for NT spam when they stop.

-Lingering fog rune, really doesn't help much to the duration of the smoke screen. If you're basing it off the tooltip, then it's wrong. 35% movement speed would be a better choice to get away faster to place more traps and thus plant faster to do more damage.

I don't neccesarily agree. The build is actually pretty good. In D3 i have learned not to judge a build by the cover. You should try it out before you judge. It isn't bad actually. Although you make some valid points and the build can be made better, it is still pretty good. I agree with you about the passives though, it is not the best set of passives.

yes entangling shot is redundant since it does not stack with caltrops but that is not the point, the extra hatred is so that you can SPAM Elemental arrow (Lightning or NT) for tons of AOE damage. Despite the fact that it doesn't stack with caltrops, it is still helpful for some targets that the caltrops can't get. As you already pointed out some bosses go all over the place - this is where entangling shots come into play as well.

-Battle Scars prep rune, this I think is a must have for demon hunters. especially since smokescreen got nerfed and we have very little defensive skills. I can't tell you how many times this has saved me.

-As for impale, I think it is meant as like an occasional use, i keep it on the last slot to use occasionally. Because with entangling shot's hatred regen and the low cost of elemental arrow, this should be used only in specific scenarios.

--Lingering fog is also debatable. since they nerfed it, even the minimal time boost can be somewhat helpful. but the movement speed is also a good option. I think either will suffice, they are almost the same if you think about it.

*EDIT* also, care to share your build?
Edited by archeetos#1613 on 5/29/2012 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]