Diablo® III

Late 2008 Macbook Unibody performace

Is it absolutely necessary to bootcamp windows seven to play? I would be happy with 25-30 fps on OSX if it will run that. Also will the patch be available with a box purchase or do I need to download it off the internet? Don't want to spend money and not be able to play.. Thanks all.
2 GHz Intel Core Duo
4GB RAM
9400m
lion 10.7.4
Late 2008 macbook unibody
Reply Quote
Could you please try these set of solutions to see whether they work out for you too? This solved my problem on a MacBook Air, so it is perhaps a viable solution for others too: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5738084948?page=1#0
Reply Quote
I know this will sound crazy, but I put my external display on 1280x960, I then put my setting at:
1.Texture Quality: High
2. Shadows: off
3. Physics: High
4. Clutter: low
no anti-aliasing
yes to low fx
Forground pfs 40
background 1

AND IT WORKS PERFECT!!!!
I don't know how or why, but I don't care. It looks great and when on my laptop 1280x800, same setting and I love it. Give it a try!!
Reply Quote
Removed
Edited by BenLaw#1297 on 7/5/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So wait, your 4 year old laptop runs the game just fine with graphics set to high? this is unbelievable as so many people are struggling even on low resolutions. Additionally 1.0.3. added further graphic bugs and did not fix the fps cycling ...
Reply Quote
Zonk, that is exactly what I am saying!!! I know it sounds crazy, but it runs awesome on mine. How about you?
Reply Quote
BenLaw, thanks for the settings info! I've the exact same machine as you and I was already trying to scratch up some money to buy a new rMBP but the game is absolutely playable with the settings provided by you and it looks great. Of course it could (and would) look better on a newer machine but I think it's great that I don't have to invest in a new machine just now!
Reply Quote
That's great to hear, glad I could help out. I haven't played in a while and I still have my Macbook, but I still like that it plays just fine. Although, after beating the game on normal, and moving to nightmare, the game will lag at heavy fight.
I'm know looking toward the 27" iMac!! It looks sweet and will rock this game like a hot knife on butter.
Reply Quote
Update.
I threw down big on a 27" iMac. 3.4 i7 with the 2GB 680MX video card. Amazing!!! With any game. I've thrown Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, BF3, Crysis 3, etc at Ultra settings and it is awesome.
Like always, a newer better machine will make a game run great, but if you still have the old laptop, use the settings above, they should work for you.
Reply Quote
@BenLaw

Thanks for bumping this thread and updating us on your new Macs performance. I gave your settings above a try, and so far it's shown improvements. Previously I had windowed, everything off/low. These higher quality settings seemed to have helped, but I have a bit more testing to do.
Reply Quote
**Update**

Those settings did help, but I've noticed this weird slowdown interval. Instead of being 'choppy', my game play is more so 'sluggish'. That's an improvement, but I cannot sustain 15+FPS during play, the aim given my specifications (i7, 8gb ram, 7200rpm drive, nvidea 330M).

Again thanks for keeping us updated, happy to hear your new Mac performs well!
Reply Quote
Yeah i found on the macbook nightmare was not as playable as just normal. but at least it is playable. I've been playing a lot more since the 27" and now on Hell. I'm surprised Ghostpos that its still sluggish, but i guess thats what we have to deal with until we update. I know the new macbook air runs awesome now that it has a 1gb intel 5000 card in it. I might get the for my on the go diablo machine.
Reply Quote
So I picked up the new 2013 Macbook Air 1.7 i7, 8GB ram and 256ssd. Runs pretty good for my on the go play. I was able to sell my late 2008 macbook for $575, sold my xbox and some other items to pay for this new one, and like it. How is everybody doing on their gameplay?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I'm not trying to sound like a party pooper here, but please stop necroing old threads repeatedly Ben. This thread has already been hijacked from its original subject enough.

If you wish, you can create a thread discussing gameplay relative to specific machines posted, but please do not continue hijacking and necroing the same thread.

:)
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]