Diablo® III

Abraham L!#@*%n!

Why is "Lincoln" flagged as inappropriate when I try to name my hero? At a bit of a loss on this one.

Any way this could be remedied would be greatly appreciated. Aside from the fact that it boggles my mind that the last name of one of the most revered US presidents is considered a problem, not to mention it's kind of a common name today in general.

And what else could I possibly name my wizard if not after the most powerful sorcerer in the WORLD!? (if anybody catches the reference, bravo!)

As a resident of Illinois, please let the name of my state's president be FREE!

Thanks for your time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Were you trying to use l33t spelling or anything like that or any numbers in the name? Possibly that could be it as I believe they made it so you couldn't use numbers or special characters in the name. Does it actually say "inappropriate" or could it be someone else already has the name or something of this nature? Not trying to say you're at fault or anything of the sort, just throwing out potential options. :)
Reply Quote
That's the hilarious thing: nothing at all, literally "Lincoln", typed exactly like that. Tried it multiple times too, thinking it was the servers acting up again or something, but no luck.

And yea, it gave me the whole "can't use name because its not allowed or offensive"-type error message. And since its just a hero name, somebody else having it wouldn't affect anything...

not that anybody DOES have a hero with that name, since its apparently not allowed...EH BLIZZARD? ;)
Reply Quote
The word boob, or anything like it isnt allowed either.. saw a post on that earlier..

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't this game 17+ rated m?
Reply Quote
Can you stop being racist please?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thought 18+ got carded to buy the game,,, so why the censors? Blood gore, so on but language filter?
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 01:54 AMPosted by Mwch
Thought 18+ got carded to buy the game,,, so why the censors? Blood gore, so on but language filter?

You can turn off most of the language filtering in the options, but I agree - the concept is a little silly.

@OP - you can just name your wizard Dresden. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Might be like wow turn it off and every time you log off it turns back on it took them like 1-2months to fix that simple bug, wonder how they will handle bugs over here,,,
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]