Diablo® III

Using the Staff of Herding

Do you lose your staff once you go to Whimsyshire?
Reply Quote
You have infinite access to the level of rainbows and happiness.
Reply Quote
Idk what gave me the idea that you lost it. Thanks guys.

Also, once you upgrade can you not downgrade?
Reply Quote
You just use a hell staff in nightmare mode and it'll work. You thought you lost it maybe because there has been issues of staffs glitching disappearing probably.
Reply Quote
HEY CHARLIE I WANT TO GO TO CANDY MOUNTAIN. CHARLIE!!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I have two of these, one that I learnt already in the black smith and one I looted yesterday.

The one from yesterdays find says already learnt and can not be sold.

To craft it it requires items that I do not have like the color bottle thing, also costing 50k for a staff with 3.5 dps?
Reply Quote
I have two of these, one that I learnt already in the black smith and one I looted yesterday.

The one from yesterdays find says already learnt and can not be sold.

To craft it it requires items that I do not have like the color bottle thing, also costing 50k for a staff with 3.5 dps?

It is used to get to "pony land" the staff for dps wise is useless.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
05/28/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Immortal
It is used to get to "pony land" the staff for dps wise is useless.

Are the materials to make it, like the color bottle and tooth shape item come from act 1? Or all of the acts?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
http://d3db.com/news/id/243-guide-to-the-secret-level-whimsyshire/

that link should have all the info you need :)
Reply Quote
Idk what gave me the idea that you lost it. Thanks guys.

Also, once you upgrade can you not downgrade?

The Infernal staff will open all 4 difficulties. The Hellish staff will unlock Hell and below. Etc. Only need to make it/upgrade it the once.
Reply Quote
i !@#$ING lost my %^-*!@# staff. Is that what's happeneing to people? I never used it I never upgraded it, it's just $%^-ing gone. i REALLY don't want to have to collect all that *!@#ing $%^- again.

My brother has his staff though, can we both use his one staff to go together?
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, you need to heed this warning with the staff of herding. It is not consumed after usage on normal. However, once it is upgraded to Nightmarish, Hellish, or Infernal, it disappears with, or without, usage. It is a well known, multi-page thread in the bug forum.

Blizzard has no idea why it's happening.

But I never upgraded it. I jept it normal. I wasn't sure how it worked so I didn;t want to spend the money on it until I was sure.

That bug must effect normal staves too cause mine is totally !@#$ing gone.

So can I go with my brother with just his one staff or do we both need one?
Edited by Elukurea#1860 on 5/28/2012 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Has anyone been reimbursed for their staff or at least their gold by submitting a report to support?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]