Diablo® III

Ask a DH Who just killed Inferno Diablo

05/29/2012 02:09 AMPosted by Shocks
Except he WILL teleport to you and he WILL swipe you, even if you caltrops, and smoke screen is less than reliable.

And that's where you're wrong.

He teleports only under two circumstances. When you are near a wall or a ledge (this includes the middle areas that he can't path through - This also includes his bone prisons), or during phase 2 if you're standing too close to the location that he originally teleported out once you're done killing your Shadow.
Reply Quote
Just got the ol fellow myself just now

26k base damage
had archery and steady aim so an effective 35k dmg.
health at 18.5k

http://i.minus.com/jkeT6S6yEGkSZ.jpg
Reply Quote
[quote="52348293812"]6k hp wtf how you deal with a reflect damage pack lol[/quote

He didn't. He's lying. Or he did and hes lying and restarted or skipped many elite packs.

Real problem are invulnerable minions. Fortunately I didn't run into any in ActIV. You can kill dmg reflect mobs with Shadowpower with dmg reduce rune.
Reply Quote
What is your preference for weapon combo?
Reply Quote
I beat diablo glass cannon, your way works too but don't say you need defensive stats.
Reply Quote
In all honesty Shock I agree with you, I'm in Inferno act 4, have yet to kill diablo and I know that your build is correct and what your saying is correct. Nothing you said about your stats was too outrageous; its true you need the resistance and hp to take a hit from diablo there is no way to kill him without getting hit once and anyone who says otherwise is speaking out their !@# and have yet to face him in inferno.

All I ask is if you can link me your build so I can get an idea of your strategy against him.
Reply Quote
Having gone up against inferno diablo I can safely say getting 5 stacks is WAY easier than inferno diablo. Sure there's some packs out there that are insanely hard (the corrupted angles and oppressors) but getting 5 stacks is nothing special. People just want a reason to invalidate the efforts of those who've completed the content that others have not.

If anyone finishes inferno diablo it's just like any other game where people get further than others.

They cheated
They play the game for hours while the rest of us have jobs
Just some guy with no life
Other people farmed for him
He got lucky
He plays [insert OP class or ability here]
He just exploited the game before they fixed it
He just got super lucky items
Blizzard can't balance

Stuff like that. Anyone above you didn't do it right and anyone below you is a noob that needs to learn how to play. Both scenarios the other players are "bads" and you're the only legit player.
Reply Quote
Its true you need the resistance and hp to take a hit from diablo there is no way to kill him without getting hit once and anyone who says otherwise is speaking out their !@# and have yet to face him in inferno.

I didn't have the hp or resistance, but if you kite him well you don't need it because you don't get hit.
Reply Quote
Except he WILL teleport to you and he WILL swipe you, even if you caltrops, and smoke screen is less than reliable.

*stops reading after seeing this*
Dude any DH worth his salt that actually finishes Act 4 inferno (without abusing Cheese SS) or is grossly overgeared should know how to kite/cc/and punch SS when he needs to end of story.

Diablo shouldn't touch you. Period. If he touches you because you made a mistake, tough luck just go back and do it again.

The reason why everyone is bashing you is because honestly your advice to everyone is "get grossly over geared and slowly kill him" instead of properly playing a DH. Sure play how you want but don't go around "giving advice" expecting people to not criticize you if its complete bull.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Gr8ness
its true you need the resistance and hp to take a hit from diablo there is no way to kill him without getting hit once and anyone who says otherwise is speaking out their !@# and have yet to face him in inferno.

You're just in denial. It's been done by pretty much every DH that's cleared him, there are youtube videos out there of people defeating inferno diablo without taking a hit. It's not impossible and you're looking for a way to rationalize why they can do it and you cannot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFCVzA1RTss

At one point in there it looks like he takes damage but that's from the Smoke Screen glitch where your health appears to go down when you're standing in a damage over time effect.
Reply Quote
You can kill him without taking damage, the average player can't kite it perfectly though. Nothing he said was going to impede on anyone's progress in their own game. Some times discussions about fight mechanics are all that is needed. Glass cannon builds are the most viable still, he had the gear so he tried to optimize it. He got his achievement for doing it and is happy. He comes here to offer some advise, brag it up a bit, no harm no foul. People jumping on his threads because he has this and this and he is using this build, not that build is stupid.

- click the back button and go view the threads, find me one with someone in it who does inferno and is willing to help talk you through some fights. These people are busy farming gear not teaching others where they should be going and how they should be doing it. This is a community, sadly being over run by people who disrespect others but then except to be treated in a respectful manner.

I would like to thank the OP for trying to run a Q&A with a DH who had just beaten inferno. Many people still have questions if you wanted to make another thread,
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 02:18 AMPosted by Thallo2222

smoke screen is less than reliable if your reaction time is less than reliable. Playing a DH endgame means not getting hit. Period.

Yeah, I bet it has nothing do with the consistent 300-400 latency while I'm soloing.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 02:03 AMPosted by Shocks
The way I did it was I stacked crit dmg bonus, vit and resistance gear. I had 110k DPS with SS on as well as 45k hp and about 65% resist all elements. You have to be able to take hits from him, because eventually he will hit you. Also, you NEED shadow power damage reduction otherwise he will one shot you regardless.

Uhm no? glass cannoned that hoe just the other day... don't get hit!
Reply Quote
Well personally I think going with vit + res over pure dmg just depends on how much confidence you have in your own abilities and the latency you're playing with. If you have good latency and know that you can press your ss or vault on time to safe you then go with pure dmg. If you're not totally confident of that just go with res+vit.

Everything on diablo inferno is avoidable, his port/cleave is, his rush is, the shadow clone is, the fireballs are, the lightning is as well. So it is very possible to just avoid everything. When I die on inferno diablo it's generally never from diablo himself it usually is on a shadow clone that pops up right on top of me and hits me.
Reply Quote
Kids with opinions calling other kids with different opinions bad.

Thread = Summarized
Reply Quote
prove it
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFCVzA1RTss&list=FL_eijs_o3m8xGC2zjCqgwdQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video

good stuff

where do u farm such gears?
Reply Quote

You can avoid his teleport every time unless you're just really slow or have lag.

Option 1: Move
This is the easiest and works every time

Option 2: Press SS
This is an advanced tactic and also works every time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]