Diablo® III

Archon

Seriously does anyone be me run this?
Reply Quote
personnaly i ain't using any of those type of skill , they seems useless unless pvp comes out

edits : archon would be nice if it could actualy greatly slow enemy that pass tru your orb
Edited by LeFortuner#1118 on 5/29/2012 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Question: Are you in inferno?
Reply Quote
I did back on nightmare difficulty, was kinda cool but its useless in infero since you can't stand still ever to channel the beam. (unless you're just mass killing trash packs in act 1)
Reply Quote
i use it in inferno all the time, saved me plenty of times
Reply Quote
Not as a Wiz, again irrelevant to the question. Everyone seems to run blizzard hydra no matter what difficulty. I'm late hell and its the only thing that lets me kill champions without having to kite. I hate kiting. I miss my teleport.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/29/2012 04:54 AMPosted by YORI

No you don't.
And no.... it doesn't

But when you lie about it, its so cute
Reply Quote
if you can get someone to block a door or narrow hallway its pretty godly on inferno.
Reply Quote
Pure Power + Evocation is fun on nightmare and early hell.

Improved Archon on inferno is really good if you have a barbarian with War Cry @ Impunity, you can reach 1k all resists.
Reply Quote
my archon can crash anything, in any mode.

Improved archon+pure dps

(solo)
templar actually engage mobs if u move slowly and let him do so,
nuke them before they have time to see u and hit u, with enought dps they die as fast as in hell, nightmare, or normal...

<< As soon as ur lazer hit them >>

Edit: oh and the sux thing is the immense cooldown -_-<
( and holding a crit build to try to lower it will either not do much, or if purely crit built u will be too weak to make it works... )

so u HAVE to wait for cooldown, then GodMode again
Edited by Azrazael#1206 on 5/29/2012 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Naava

No you don't.
And no.... it doesn't

I gotta say, I use archon sometimes too..

It's almost useless again mortar, but it's pretty good against the rest.

I become a glass cannon when playing with my other 3 friends. The Barbarian usually saves me from the annoying mobs, while I deal the damage and Kite.

At archon form you can deal a pretty good amount of damage into the mobs before time running out. I have about 30 K damage, while in archon the damage displayed on the monsters varies from 80K to 105K ..... considering that's a AOE spell that even pierces through casted walls (wallers)... it's pretty good. Not to mention against "Invulnerables minions" since I can pretty much just aim for the elite, knowing he'll be hurt, without bothering to know how many are actually shielding him on the way.

But no, I'm not saying Archon is an Epic skill.... because we become incredibly easy to die.... you depend on good team mates....

That skill in which the barbarian and monks sucks all the mobs towards them is AMAZING... saved me tons of times....

So... for me... Archon = Playing coop...

When I play solo, it's a no-go on inferno.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Naava

No you don't.
And no.... it doesn't

You are an idiot.

Archon is awesome, in Inferno, in every act.

People need to stop listening to what people tell you because 95% of the people have no idea what they are talking about.

PS: Yes I am in Inferno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8qr4C4puyA
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Dushatar

No you don't.
And no.... it doesn't

You are an idiot.

People need to stop listening to what people tell you because 95% of the people have no idea what they are talking about.

Wow... Dushatar...that's a pretty epic wiz you got over there. Can you give me tips on equip?

I'm trying but I can't solo past the first part of Act 3....

Those walls are terrible to kite over.... Monsters always reach me ... even using that -30% speed on arcane spells and having a +12% movement boot.

Do you always use archon playing solo?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
well if he hasn't I certainly HAVE... in Nightmare... and it's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

honestly, the success or failure of some of our attacks is born from the stats supporting them and particularly ties to the dps/armor ratio you've managed for your character.

my wizard managed to luck into some really lovely upgrades right before he headed into act iv and the result was an archon that beamed down distance mobs with an occasional break to detonate the close ones or slam them and return to burning so that a few seconds stretched to nearly a minute of floating from group to group and then spending long minutes afterwards looting and looting an empty room where not a creature was left stirring.

I expect by act ii:Nightmare my excellent dps/armor ratio and the ability to happily cheer while I burn down monsters is going to be replaced with constant kiting and screaming at the screen... until then... WOOT for Archon + Diamond Skin and a guy inna skirt who ISN'T a guy inna skirt in THIS game!
Reply Quote

You are an idiot.

Wow... Dushatar...that's a pretty epic wiz you got over there. Can you give me tips on equip?

I'm trying but I can't solo past the first part of Act 3....

Those walls are terrible to kite over.... Monsters always reach me ... even using that -30% speed on arcane spells and having a +12% movement boot.

Do you always use archon playing solo?

Yes Ive used Archon from the level I got it until farming act4 Inferno.

* It melts whites before they reach you.
* It does amazing dps to elites, even while kiting, but especially if the elite has a skill with cast time such as mortar/frozen/arcane that force them to stop.
* It bursts bosses like crazy. I will upload a movie soon of me doing Belial Infero. I use Archon to finish Phase 1 and 2 (which a lot of people have problem with) in around 20s without taking any dmg.
* Unlike all our other skills, it goes through objects! You can kite things around objects (such as pillars) while doing insane dmg and not letting ranged mobs hit you.

I could keep naming things but Ill stop there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Archon is a MUST spell in inferno party fight. This spell can pull up to over 120k damg each tick.

Archon can be used when your main tank holding aggro of the elite. wizard, as dps in the fight, need to burst out a large amount of dmg in a very short time. And archon is the very spell.
Reply Quote
This thread clearly illustrates what's happening repeatedly on the forums. One big mouth that clearly doesn't have the skill to play inferno, projects and is resolute that another couldn't be having success with a particular build because he couldn't possibly. Inferno isn't for everyone. Its takes a special person to put up wit the cheese and the BS of inferno. BTW No one finishes every game. To everyone crying, turn the s h i t off if its to hard. Your game is done.
Reply Quote
How much HP do you have dush?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]