Diablo® III

Archon

The long cooldown keeps me from using this solo (currently on Hell). It's fantastic for kiting -- for 15 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I think people are also forgetting the OTHER two abilities that Archon has that are really powerful aoe's attacks. It's not just all about the beam, although the beam is really nice.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Rush4Forge
How much HP do you have dush?

30k no resists. Glass cannon all the way.
Reply Quote
I believe that the range of skills you're capable of using is much greater than most people give credit for. Granted I've only just finished Nightmare but I find my build differs from what other people say they are using. I've been reading that the Venom Hydra is a good skill so I may start using it, but for the most part my build has shifted between a bunch of different skills throughout my time played. Personally I enjoy using the Comet.
Reply Quote
I use archon with teleport when I'm farming the crap out of warden/butcher and when I instagib Iskatu:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7224/iskatuinferno.jpg

(yes that is a 213 massacre behind the quest notification)

Any other situations? No.
Reply Quote
btw not to sound harsh, but anyone talking about anything before inferno should just stop. it may be useful to someone to know that archon is good in nightmare but they can easily find out themselves. All anyone really cares about though is how does it hold up in inferno. Not everyone will reach it, but those trying to will find that its a different ballgame than the previous 3 difficulties

Get there, and go find out. Some obviously have made Archon work. I think it takes the right gear setup to do so. I haven't been able to make it work yet in my gear but perhaps I stacked too much vitality and not enough raw damage. I dropped archon in any case during Hell and haven't wanted it back yet in Inferno. I run primarily in groups too. I was simply too frail and there were too many variables and chaos in inferno. Killing whites was never a problem with or without it. but on champ packs, I found it lacking.
Reply Quote
Does no one else realize that killing mobs with archon adds time to the length it is engaged? I have killed so many mobs before, that when it runs out, it is already reset.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Skye
I did back on nightmare difficulty, was kinda cool but its useless in infero since you can't stand still ever to channel the beam. (unless you're just mass killing trash packs in act 1)

I have yet to beat hell. But at least this is my assumption as well. It was great in NM so far in hell I dropped it most likely due to my awful gear so I need to kite a lot more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

No you don't.
And no.... it doesn't

But when you lie about it, its so cute

Once you scrubs get over 100k dps you will learn the true power of archon.

Using it in act 1 because i forgot to replace it with Frost Nova after farming hell. Turns out it is awesome even in Inferno. Running 28-9k dps, 24 crit, 133 crit damage.

Its great for farming hell act 3 and 4. I can clear an entire level in one cast if the right mobs are there (little spider dudes). Its funny to be vendoring/reclaiming gear when you are an Archon.

Pro Tip: Temporal Flux

This is the build I am running: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aiRmOS!UYf!cZbcYZ

How to use Archon in Hell:
Get a good weapon.
Pop-it in areas with lots of trash. Each mob extends your proc 1 second.
Profit.
Edited by Sylvette#1942 on 5/29/2012 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
to be honest, i think archon is the best ability in the game. it has its strengths and weaknesses but overall raw power with high haste tripple dps is outstanding. as soon as i get my hands on one of those 1300 dps swords this game is over.
Reply Quote
Archon is great in team plays, though it seems to have little use solo. This is of course in inferno. It does not last long enough in its current form to be viable for solo play, unless...

Teleport archon in the iskatu fight in act 4 inferno is brilliant. I deliberatly took my time in evading the boss and killing the little guys to build up around 20 minutes of archon form. It then proceeded to destroy rakanoth and clear a hell gate before finally getting killed by a champ oppressor pack with teleport, fast, fire chains and vortex.
Reply Quote
Archon has it's place. I used it to help me beat the DPS check on butcher back when I was rather undergeared for it.
Reply Quote
inb4 archon nerf
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Teleport archon in the iskatu fight in act 4 inferno is brilliant. I deliberatly took my time in evading the boss and killing the little guys to build up around 20 minutes of archon form. It then proceeded to destroy rakanoth and clear a hell gate before finally getting killed by a champ oppressor pack with teleport, fast, fire chains and vortex.

brilliant. what stats are you running? i have been going for more crit than attack speed. It seems more effective to me outside of archon mode but maybe i should be doing more speed less crit?
Reply Quote
Archon seems like a must have anytime I play with my friends that are not in inferno. It just eats everything up, and does so much damage.
Reply Quote
Hey Dust, impressive display!
care to share your skill build?
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Ravanik
Does no one else realize that killing mobs with archon adds time to the length it is engaged? I have killed so many mobs before, that when it runs out, it is already reset.

Ive redone the iscatu fight over and over just to see if i can carry archon from him to the library. It works with tele not damage. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]