Diablo® III

Attack speed & life steal/on hit and pets

I am trying to build a good inferno pet build. As for stats I am going int>all resist>armor>vit.

I was interested to know what affect attack speed and life steal/life on hit had on pets.

Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
Pets on inferno... oO

Heads up bro , don't use pets on inferno.
Reply Quote
Nobody has found a build to effectively use pets past Hell. I would avoid using them until they get buffed.
Reply Quote
Pets on inferno... oO

Thanks but I want to play a pet class, if I can't do that I will reroll a wizard.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Royds
Nobody has found a build to effectively use pets past Hell. I would avoid using them until they get buffed.

Ok please just ignore me saying I want to use pets in inferno and focus on the question?
Edited by Thorox#1348 on 5/29/2012 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Death Knight
05/29/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Royds

Incorrect...totally

Im using pets and they rarely die.
Reply Quote
Pets on inferno... oO

Thanks but I want to play a pet class, if I can't do that I will reroll a wizard.

You should reroll a wizard. No one uses pets in inferno. Dogs + garg get 1 shot (on a 60sec cd), and fetish army is up for 20sec w/ a 120sec cd. This is NOT a pet class. Wizard (hydra = no cd so much dmg) and monks (mystic ally = buffs you, fills your spirit pool, or does dmg all w/ no cd) are more of a pet class than WD.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I would love to hear what stats you are running for inferno viable pets. I already cleared act 1 on my wiz, but my WD is more fun. SHARE THE WISDOM
Reply Quote
I use pets, they die but give me enough time to unload and if used correctly can give you A LOT more time than that.

Their your meat shields, if you don't want them dying too quickly stack a lot of physical resist.
I don't think people have really tried this, since their in the front lines they get hit a lot and HARD by physical.

I'll post a vid of them working on Inferno for you nay sayers once blizzard pull the finger and fix the fricken "Retrieving Hero List" issue
Reply Quote
I just started inferno, and the dogs/gargantuan do just fine. Gargantuan lives thru the skeleton king whirlwind attack (what more can you ask for?) - and the dogs live long enough to get more once the CD is up. What more can you ask for? And I'm way undergeared for inferno, too. With better stats, they'll be just fine.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 03:22 PMPosted by lorien1973
I just started inferno, and the dogs/gargantuan do just fine. Gargantuan lives thru the skeleton king whirlwind attack (what more can you ask for?) - and the dogs live long enough to get more once the CD is up. What more can you ask for? And I'm way undergeared for inferno, too. With better stats, they'll be just fine.

^ This, get better gear with the RIGHT stats and you'll be fine
Edited by Th3Nark#6227 on 5/29/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone going to answer the quest the post was made for?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Life steal and life on hit work very well on pets. You also leave str off of you build, but armor is also very effective on pets and your str is a big part of that.

This post is a few down from yours, and has been on the forums since yesterday. If you want to use pets in inferno you'll want to read it and check back with it in a few days.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271500086
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 03:17 PMPosted by wing
You should reroll a wizard. No one uses pets in inferno. Dogs + garg get 1 shot (on a 60sec cd), and fetish army is up for 20sec w/ a 120sec cd. This is NOT a pet class. Wizard (hydra = no cd so much dmg) and monks (mystic ally = buffs you, fills your spirit pool, or does dmg all w/ no cd) are more of a pet class than WD.

Thats completely NOT true.. they are more of a pet class than anyone. Just because pets might not be the most useable thing on hell/inferno right now does not mean their not a pet class.. we're just forced to not use them right now till blizz gets off their asses and makes pets more viable in later levels. They also need to make our CC's more effective thus enabling us to be more useful in parties/solo in hell/inferno.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Alien316

Thats completely NOT true.. they are more of a pet class than anyone. Just because pets might not be the most useable thing on hell/inferno right now does not mean their not a pet class.. we're just forced to not use them right now till blizz gets off their asses and makes pets more viable in later levels. They also need to make our CC's more effective thus enabling us to be more useful in parties/solo in hell/inferno.

As multiple people in this thread alone have said, your pets are very viable in inferno if you gear yourself correctly.

I'm sitting on ~5k armor ~750 res all and my garg tanks a2 elites and champs fairly regularly
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Alien316

My mistake, they are a pet class in name, but only in name at the moment since the pets aren't viable in inferno. (Tell me how your pets do past act 2 inferno please, I want to know.)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Just got to Act 2 with pets, don't listen to the people that claim they aren't viable.

According to this research, life on hit and life steal do not work with pets. Vitality doesn't give them health, either.

If you're soloing, I recommend using the Enchantress, as her spells will be the most useful, particularly the one that gives +15% armor (which applies twice to minions).
Reply Quote
The problem is knowing what stats work with pets. It is a cryptic calculation. Should not be that way. Should not have to gear solely for pet survival. It is broken. Sorry.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 03:34 PMPosted by TurnusLives
The problem is knowing what stats work with pets. It is a cryptic calculation. Should not be that way. Should not have to gear solely for pet survival. It is broken. Sorry.

Gearing for personal survivability is the same as gearing for pet survival. They use YOUR stats.

Pets don't work with the glass cannon kiting darts build that is very popular right now. Pets work great with a build that doesn't want to get one or two shot in a2. Pretty sure my garg could solo a1 at this point
Reply Quote
Life steal and life on hit work very well on pets. You also leave str off of you build, but armor is also very effective on pets and your str is a big part of that.

This post is a few down from yours, and has been on the forums since yesterday. If you want to use pets in inferno you'll want to read it and check back with it in a few days.

Thanks will take a look at it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]