Diablo® III

Do not change language in options

It will FORCE you to download a 2.5 gb language pack. When you change back to English it will again FORCE you to download the original 2.5 gb english language pack. Are you kidding me? Why was the original default English language not saved on computer so I don't have to waste download!
Edited by hsphouse#6325 on 5/29/2012 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, i made the same mistake when someone suggested this to fix the "unable to update patch loop". It took an hour to download spanish language pack though I didn't have to re-download English after. Though now I am back to the stupid loop and no word from bliz about help with resolving this issue. Hopefully gets fixed when servers are back up
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Partially incorrect. It will NOT force you to redownload the entire english pack again. I did it myself earlier, just to see what would happen. As soon as it finished downloading enough of the German language to let me play, i clicked the button, went to options, and changed back to english. Launcher relaunched itself, and I was fine to keep going.

IF you let it download the entire 2.5gb language pack, it might do something, but you can cancel it/fix your change before it's too late.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]