Diablo® III

Read only error?

Is anyone seeing the following error?

Error: The file "/Applications/DiabloIII/DiabloIII Launcher.app/Contents_CodeSignature/CodeResources" is read only and cannot be updated.

This error pops up as soon as I try to start the game. Once I click on the "OK" button, the installer quits and I'm booted to the desktop. Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue . when i first launched the game . it said it was updating the launcher.. so i waited .. and i restarted my computer.. checked for read only/write in get info. (on Macbook pro) . and deleted updates folder.. and battle.net folder .. nothing worked.
Reply Quote
sudo chmod 777 /Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III Launcher.app/Contents/_CodeSignature

worked for me

Strange....
Reply Quote
sudo chmod 777 /Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III Launcher.app/Contents/_CodeSignature

worked for me

Strange....

Not too sure what this means. Can anyone else assist. I'm still getting the same error. Do I reinstall the game from scratch?
Reply Quote
Just figured it out. Bizarre. I had to reset permissions, even though my system said it has read/write capability to the Diablo III folder. (see copy of original Blue Post below).

Hey guys and gals,

We're still under maintenance, so this is why you are unable to log in. I don't know if this maintenance/patching can prevent you from playing in other regions that may not be under maintenance, but I will inquire about it and get back to y'all.

As for the patch looping, have we've tried resetting permissions ob both the Diablo III folder and repair disk permissions?

Resetting permissions on the Diablo III folder
1. Select the Diablo III folder
2. Press Command + I
3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
5. Click on the Burst icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items
Edited by Trajan#1627 on 5/30/2012 3:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot . That was very helpful . so strange how even though the permissions were already set properly it just needed to be unlocked accepted and thats it .
Reply Quote
Just had this problem today. Glad a solution was already found!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]