Diablo® III

Diablo 3 will NOT launch

100 Orc Shaman
enhjørning

1 - initialize normaly click play ( not work )
2 - END process Blizzard launcher
3 - initialize again ( then stuck at 0% )
4 - END process agent.exe
5 - HAVE FUN

enhj0rning, a big thank you. That resolved my problem. I had tried most combinations of killing agent.exe and Blizzard launcher but not that one. Worked a treat.

Imagine my horror though when, after a day of not being able to get the game even launched, I got error 37 the first time I tried to login (first time I've seen that so far). Thankfully I was able to login the second attempt.

Gotta give a stickied to this !!
Reply Quote
I can play on the us server but not the eu.... tt blizzard shame on you havent been able to play for 3 days now -,.,-
come on I wanna slay some creeps and get shiny loot..
Reply Quote
same for me... re-installed... and it wont launch... done the agent and launcher end process and reopen then rinse and repeat... ever since the update i haven't been able to do sh*t...
Reply Quote
same issues here
glad at least its not just me
I hope they will give us an official word on all this rather then let us stay in the dark
Edited by McCoy#1321 on 5/31/2012 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
same problems here.
is Blizzard even trying to help us out?
its been a few days since i could even play this damn game :/
Reply Quote
5 - HAVE FUN

thanks so much. this worked for me.
Reply Quote
5 - HAVE FUN

I've had to do this 3 times so far - once for install, once after 1.02, once after 1.02a.
It's nuts that this workaround is needed to launch the game, but the good news is that it only seems to be needed once per patch.
Reply Quote
bumping for anyone else with this problem.
Reply Quote
Had this problem since launch, tried all the fixes mentioned in every thread,NONE worked. Come on, Blizzard...
Reply Quote
well I was gonna write a pissed-off post but I got in through using the fix above. Still need to get multiplayer fixed though
Edited by coffinkiller#1304 on 6/1/2012 3:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 07:09 PMPosted by masseyboy
with me I was playing just fine, today it did the patch, but it stays at "launching" after I click play.

I had the same issue. Worked just fine until today's patch.

5 - HAVE FUN

This worked beautifully. Thanks, Enhjørning!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
5 - HAVE FUN

thanks so much. this worked for me.

/love
Reply Quote
This is CRAP!!! Welcome to the reality of DRM! These patches SUCK! I paid for this Blizzard. FIX IT!
Reply Quote
22 Troll Shaman
Same issue here. 2 computers (one vista sp2 and one win7) running on the same hub to router assy. 1 works and one doesn't. Tried the 5 step thing, stopped everything in MSCONFIG, posted in every thread relating to this issue, and may have even shaken my computer a bit. Nothing works.

I play on one and my son plays on the other. Well, he did.

Somewhat incredible that Blizzard has gotten so big that they don't care about the "handful" of people that are having this issue enough to at least post a nod with assurances that they are working on it.

At least when WoW kicked off they had people who would help you out. Blizzard Entertainment rocked!! Blizzard Megacorp is pathetic...
Reply Quote
I have the same issue it will not launch no matter what I try. Also there is NO "Blizzard launcher" process in task manager.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Windows Vista Ultimate. same exact Problem. My wife has Windows XP and is having the same Problem as well. Getting tired of doing the start it 3 times and shutting the agent off if I want to play D3.
Reply Quote
For me just killing the agent.exe process twice, maybe three times while it hangs at 100% and "launching" gets it working.

I think it's easier than killing the launch and restarting it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]