Diablo® III

Stat Confusion, Please explain...

90 Night Elf Druid
MI
So i Decided to drop like 700K to get myself a nice new pair of boots and after browsing the AH over the course of a day or so i finally Decided to get myself an upgrade. every stat was the same with the exception of trading Impair control for fire resist(I much rather have the fire resist anyway)... seemed like a good idea. Somehow i lose damage though, even though everything is better, and I'm rather confused... Screenshot: http://i47.tinypic.com/2r7scn5.jpg, Can anyone please explain?
Reply Quote
Rumor has it that the Attackspeed bonus on the boots is currently broken (not applying), or a left over stat that was removed and thus a tooltip typo.
Reply Quote
Does your displayed DPS go down when you equip the set boots? :\ That's a really weird bug.
Reply Quote
Yes it sure does, and though 700K isnt a terribly large amount, it's still enough to really piss me off, guess it will be a long time before i can wear a decent pair of boots
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There are a number of bugs with Attack Speed at the moment, the most common offender being that on some set/Legendary items it just doesn't work at all. It's a known issue and something we'll be fixing in a future patch.

I recommend keeping an eye on the Known Issues sticky in the bug report forum for this and similar "known issues".
Edited by Bashiok on 5/31/2012 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
There are a number of bugs with Attack Speed at the moment, the most common offender being that on some set/Legendary items it just doesn't work at all. It's a known issue and something we'll be fixing in a future patch.

I recommend keeping an eye on the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4916972036"]Known Issues[/url] sticky in the bug report forum for this and similar "known issues".

Someone's up late =o
Reply Quote

I recommend keeping an eye on the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4916972036"]Known Issues[/url] sticky in the bug report forum for this and similar "known issues".

future? how long?

actions are louder than words
Reply Quote

I recommend keeping an eye on the Known Issues sticky in the bug report forum for this and similar "known issues".

Love when the "Future" is set as expectation, in the future we might all be able to fly just by thinking it... I bet you are excited, Don't be. It won't be the near future, Another notorious "We will get to it eventually, but be sure to give us your money in the meantime" fixes
Reply Quote
the best part is, now I'm stuck with useless boots and a large chunk of missing gold until some "Future" patch
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/31/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Oedomsa
in the future we might all be able to fly just by thinking it... I bet you are excited

!! :D

05/31/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Oedomsa
Don't be.

?? :(
Reply Quote
fair enough, a GM with a sense of humor, But is there anything in game that can be done to fix this, some if not all of the gold back would be quite welcome
Reply Quote
You make Bashiok sad.
Reply Quote
Man I feel bad for d3 devs, the community is ripping em to shreds and it's
Mainly because of the wow devs probs in the past. D3 has a different team people, give em a break! None of you are bearing in mind that they re created d2 in a way that is both nostalgic and interesting. Cut em some slack on the bugs. The rest is awesome and hats off to you guys
Reply Quote
remember that time the in house testing team was going to handle a dungeon

blackwing lair sure reminds me of diablo 3

i guarantee the d3 expansion will have closed beta after this :))))

i love how they thought they could test a 40 man dungeon with less than 10 people on the team to test it

introduced the dungeon and it went just like d3

the people abusing exploits got ahead and were never punished

half of the content broken, performance issues on hardware not @ blizz, etc
Edited by Zrg#1230 on 5/31/2012 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Requiem
Man I feel bad for d3 devs, the community is ripping em to shreds

Just don't. They deserve it after releasing beta as full retail.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Pshemo
Man I feel bad for d3 devs, the community is ripping em to shreds

Just don't. They deserve it after releasing beta as full retail.
Obviously never played beta.
Reply Quote
Uniques with stats that dont do anything that they say they do... hmm Diablo 1 anyone? :D

Not only legendaries are crap but they are crappier than what they pretend to be o_O
Reply Quote
That was some impressive kind of kindergarten leveled argumentation and forum improvement here. Bet you graduated into elementary school playground management...

Not that it's anything new, from the D2 forum lurking (bad) experience I built these past years.

I mean I saw you giving high five to most futile posts while never ever giving actual credit to clever and foresighting propositions.

It's so easy to biase the community's eyesight by getting some blue color over an apparently random sample of useless posts.
Edited by Deus#2509 on 5/31/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]