Diablo® III

So about smoke screen.

Uhm. Thanks for the ability to not die for roughly 30 seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
No, seriously thank you!
Reply Quote
Sup old news.
Reply Quote
This is how I beat Belial.

"Gosh that's a lot of bad to stand in. Whatever -- SMOKE SCREEN WOOOOOO"
Reply Quote
Smoke screen is the only reason I will never drop Preparation out of my build.
Reply Quote
So much cheese :P Kinda makes DH unfun when you gotta resort to cheesing like this :/
Reply Quote
You can also use it along with rain opf vengeance to put it straight in the middle of a ton of mobs and the escape and kite!
Reply Quote
If you put the extended timer with it you pretty much become a battle reviver since you cant get interrupted. Simply amazing to do in boss fights with groups anyway.
Reply Quote
I bet this is one of the first things to get nerfed. Being completely invulnerable to damage (including AoE) for an extended period of time is insane. Combining this with preparation and the ability to gain discipline from health orbs is unstoppable...at least on nightmare so far.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
05/18/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Ukkirk
I bet this is one of the first things to get nerfed. Being completely invulnerable to damage (including AoE) for an extended period of time is insane. Combining this with preparation and the ability to gain discipline from health orbs is unstoppable...at least on nightmare so far.

If they were going to nerf it, I'd see it getting a cd. Monks get the same thing with serenity (which has a cd), and they rune it to do much better things than what smoke screen can do.
Reply Quote
it drains a lot of discipline (without the rune) and isn't anywhere near 30 seconds. Also, mages have defensive abilities and mass offensive abilities (the one where they transform). DH is the squishiest of all classes. Without smoke screen they would not survive above normal and maybe nightmare. They might change it around when pvp comes - but otherwise i think it is fine.
Reply Quote
i think Blizz will eventualy nerf this skill (perhaps increased its cool down), but will improve the other skills.

i for one am hoping they would decrease the cool down of Rain of Vengeance
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Try killing a Mortar + Invulnerable Minions + Teleporter champion pack without those precious 30 seconds. It's not pretty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]