Diablo® III

Legendaries at low levels...

85 Tauren Druid
05/19/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Eleshakai
Need to drop more often.

no
Reply Quote
My friend has a level 21 DH and a 16 Barb and has already found 3 legendaries.
Reply Quote
I'm a level 54 and spent 52-54 farming an area (in hell) that yields ~2 legendaries and ~10, sometimes more, blues every 20-30 minutes without seeing one legendary (not even sure if that's good farming but it's easy so I don't mind it). In fact, all of my loot is crap - I've yet to find more than one item good enough to be part of my gear set, all I've found is an amulet and it's still mediocre. I'm actually dirt broke because I have to buy all of my gear from the AH.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
05/21/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Korba
Need to drop more often.

no

So you like the fact that they're about 1/1000 the droprate of the low level uniques in d2?

To be honest, as they are right now Ia ctually RESENT that the D3 devs spent time on them. Why? Because they're pointless. They don't even drop often enough to be a factor. Yes Dementia, one or two people will see them. But as they are right now... you can see that there are people who have played to INFERNO difficulty without even seeing one. That is too low. They should be rare, but something you at least SEE from time to time. Something to give you that sense that 'hey, there's something cool out there that I just haven't seen'. And seeing more and more rares drop doesn't do that. You have to SEE legendaries every so often to recognize their existence and get tempted to wonder what is out there for you.

That is probably the only thing that bothers me about this game right now. Everything else, I'm loving. But the loot in low levels is just disappointing. And the problem is that you only see magicals and rares... whereas in D2 you also had low level set and uniques to find. I understand why there aren't low level sets really, but low level legendaries should be something that everyone sees sometimes. I've now completed normal on two characters, as well as up to almost the end of act 2 nightmare on one of my characters. Both of these were played with another person. So that's 4 characters through normal, 2 characters through 2 acts of nightmare. I also just asked my brother who is midway through act 3 normal... and between the lot of us we've seen 1 legendary total. That's just not even common enough to make them worth the time since you spend so little time in normal.
Reply Quote
First, they were called Uniques, not legendaries, and secondly LOLWUT?!

1-2 Uniques by Act 2? I mean sure, it could happen, but it wasn't all that common. I played D2 and its subsequent expansion a lot for many years, but offline and online, and finding any sort of unique during normal, let alone during the first 1-2 acts was extremely rare. I remember the first time I found a unique in Act 1, I never crapped my self because of how genuinely rare that was to happen.

Uniques in general tended to be very rare, and the only time it seemed like there was a huge influx of them in D2 was because of duping, and because of how many people were playing. In D3 it seems like the unique equivalent, the legendary, is far more common. Which is fine and dandy because honestly the legendaries we have at this very moment are only a step above some of the rares you can obtain in the game.

I mean, the game has only been out for five days and from the sound of it your expecting to be decked out in full god-tier equipment running around 1-shotting every thing. That's not how this game works, it most certaintly works that way in WoW now, but this isn't World of Warcraft; it's Diablo 3.

ya but also in nm found one legendary nothing special just a mace on a demon hunter and cant find gear is a big let down you cant solo alot of content if u dont have the gear to do it you just get 1 to 2 shotted and the ah is a joke everyone that has the gear to sell over prices it so your stuck doing loops on bosses because u cant get gear the loot system needs to change not to have more uniques drop but to have more blues and rare drop that can help you out more
Reply Quote
guess I am unlucky but me and my friend still playing in norm and no legendary yet.. same for 2 other of my friends... I started wondering if legendary item was real :P
Reply Quote
3 friends and I played up to about the 4th act before one of us managed to get a legendary.
I do agree with you, I was personally questioning whether or not it was possible to get a legendary before a certain point.

I would love to know if you mean just in normal too though.
BRB got to hell act 2 with a friend (not rushing) and together found zero legendary items. very discouraging considering they are apparently rubbish anyway.
Reply Quote
Ive got a lvl 13 wiz and found one in the early part of Act II last night , it dropped off a random undead , not a boss or elite.

It is called 'Legendary Source' , lvl 10 , no actual name to it...

not the most amazing of items , but I was very excited to see something orange drop...
Reply Quote
I was lucky to find a low level legendary for my WD on first playthrough... but sadly it became obsolete within a few hours. A lot of the under-50 legendaries for the WD looks absolutely awesome, too bad they'll never be useful! (you can get through normal and nightmare so easily with OK gear, the legendaries wouldn't be adding much at that point except a temporary visual aesthetic)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Ive got a lvl 13 wiz and found one in the early part of Act II last night , it dropped off a random undead , not a boss or elite.

It is called 'Legendary Source' , lvl 10 , no actual name to it...

not the most amazing of items , but I was very excited to see something orange drop...

You have to identify it to see the name - right click on it and it should become "Winter Flurry".
Reply Quote
They are definitely "legendary". Me and 5 friends have now completed normal. 3 of us got legendary drops before level 32~. Everyone that did get them used them for maybe 5-8 levels before a rare was better.

Was a lof of fun getting the drops, but unfortunate there stats were not soo good. I was expecting incredible stats and something you would never consider salvaging.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:27 PMPosted by DeMenTia
My friend has a level 21 DH and a 16 Barb and has already found 3 legendaries.

Exactly! People are nuts man. Got a legendary necklace on act 3 normal! I guess it really is luck? I would be pretty pissed too though if i didnt get one by the time i hit inferno lol
Reply Quote
I found 4 Legendaries from Normal to Nightmare. Was running around with 80%-100% MF though. As I got to Hell, I had to switch gear to damage gear so I could actually kill elites, and both yellows and legendaries stopped dropping.

Contrary to Diablo II, on which you stacked 500% MF and then you started seeing some improvements, on Diablo III 50% MF is already noticeable in a big way.
Reply Quote
The problem is, legendaries suck. I once found some pants on my Barbarian, they looked like green spotted boxers when I wore them LOL. (And you can't dye them.)

But pretty much, the problem is that legendaries are worse than yellows
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, objectively, unique/legendaries are a lot rarer in D3 than in D2.

Even at 0% MF in D2, on any given "Good" drop (Rare or above), it was a unique about 10% of the time, a set piece about 25% of the time, and a rare about 65% of the time.

It's certainly MUCH rarer in D3 - I made it through normal killing everything (and I mean everything, on every map) without a single legendary/set drop, and had easily 50+ rares drop during that run.
Reply Quote
I'm close to act 3 HELL and only got a legendary level 8 on Act1 Normal...
Reply Quote
The drop rates for items in this game is horrendous. It is just as sad that there are not that many legendary and set items as Diablo 2. I really think this game is somewhat of a let down just because of the shortage of good items. Everything else is pretty solid. I really hope they end doing like diablo 2 did and put a unique for every item type in the game. It doesnt need to be good, but it is nice to find some low level gear you can sport around. I am almost at the end of act 2 in nm and no legendary, while my friend has yet to beat normal and has found 2 nice legendary items. Almost lvl 43... sigh this game needs a lot of fixes item wise.
Edited by Kaldicuck#1409 on 5/23/2012 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a level 52 dh and a level 60 barb and I have not found any uniq items I agree the drop rates for uniqs seems terrible. The only plus side is it makes finding that first uniq seem more special. Well that and the fact that uniq items for the most part aren't really very good :)
Reply Quote
I am level 50 now at nightmare difficulty and never seen a Legendary Brown color item on my character.

I'm rolling on ACT 1 Nightmare.
Reply Quote
Found a legendary in a weapon rack on Act 4 Normal, first play through. Now my level 16 Monk is using a 49 DPS 1-hander hahahaha. I would never have expected to find it that soon though. Legendaries are supposed to be ultra rare. I would have to be dozens of play-throughs without a single one before I thought anything about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]