Diablo® III

Lightning Ball vs Nether Tentacles

I have been playing with both in Inferno and, and I am having a bit of an issue figuring out what ends up being better in the end.

Lightning ball is great due to multiple potential hits, which, if those hits crits do a lot of damage

Nether Tentacle passes through mobs also,hitting once, but when that crits it's very large (requiring 2x LB Crits to pass it). I don't care about the heal here on that, just the damage.

So from a spammable ability standpoint with mob pass through, for me at least, it "appears" Nether seems to be better in a kiting aspect due to the potential larger crits over a bunch of smaller ones. (Which at 5% Crit It feels like I crit quite a bit on that ability for some reason. No idea why)

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Thoughts:

1) NT is better. I'm saying that now so that I've been recorded as saying it. If I get proven wrong later, that's fine. Or I may change my mind. But still.

2) The only way I see a use for this ability is if you run Sharp Shooter and Night Stalker. More attacks = more crits and better use of Sharp Shooter + More Disc.

3) My first point is way better than my second point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]