Diablo® III

Fire darts vs Splinters?

1 Dwarf Priest
You lose 20% damage but gain a more reliable damage spell, can't really decide.
Reply Quote
Splinters is the less reliable spell? I dunno, even if the enemy dies before all three darts hit (unlikely past normal), it will still do the poison damage to the enemy behind them. That's some reliable damage in my opinion, even if you're rooted in place for a fraction of a second.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Priest
05/21/2012 04:35 AMPosted by hexR
Splinters is the less reliable spell? I dunno, even if the enemy dies before all three darts hit (unlikely past normal), it will still do the poison damage to the enemy behind them. That's some reliable damage in my opinion, even if you're rooted in place for a fraction of a second.

It's more likely to miss because of the 3 darts is all, 1 dart is easier to land than 3 on moving targets.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Priest
simple

splinters for single target

fire darts for AoE.

Fire doesn't do AOE according to the tooltip :S
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i use snake to face, shlts dirty
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 04:42 AMPosted by Missyouu
i use snake to face, shlts dirty

I agree. Even if the rune sucks, some spells just need to be used.
Reply Quote
i have nothing to back this up but if an enemy has any mitigation wouldnt that effect all 3 darts?
Reply Quote
then again each of the 3 have a chance to crit.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 05:35 AMPosted by Callousness
i have nothing to back this up but if an enemy has any mitigation wouldnt that effect all 3 darts?

Damage mitigation is % based, so it doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
Well there ya go. I see no reason not to take splinters. Unless you are haveing that much trouble with moving targets.
Reply Quote
splinters for DPS, snake to the face when I am running asCC/utility. The stun when combined with Hex and what have you is actually pretty good for locking down targets.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Bad Medicine. 'nuff said
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Fraxinus
Bad Medicine. 'nuff said

This
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]