Diablo® III

Is imperius dead after diablo 3??

I just want to know if imperius died after that blast of wave that happens in act IV b4 we go in to fight diablo, seriosly i think he is the best caracter in all of diablo he is valor incorporated with a bit of pride which both are almost similar and «walk and to hand», cus i think he should die like that at least make him a boss or something if ur gonna kill him, he was just wounded in the cinematic, and after u beat diablo the other 2 angels appear the one of hope and fate i think!!! so why didnt imperius appear in the last cinematic, at least tyreal could say something like RIP imperius he was the strongest archangel!!! he is really badass, he is the only caracter who is actually cooler than a barb full armored killing waves of demons, mostly because he does that too!!!!
Reply Quote
He did appear in the last cinematic. He was standing on his little platform watching Tyrael walk up the invisible stairs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/21/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Astasia
He did appear in the last cinematic. He was standing on his little platform watching Tyrael walk up the invisible stairs.

I think that was Itherael, his wings were more of a bluish/purplish color and Impy's wings are red/orange.

But I hope Imperius is still alive too, he's pretty awesome. :<
Reply Quote
He's alive that blast didn't kill him even if he did they would just pull a Kael'thas.
Reply Quote
I truly hoped that he did "die" so he would feel defeat for once. the guy is arrogant jerk and needs to be taken down a notch or too. the fool needs to learn that might does not always make right.

in a way i hoped that we did get to fight him so that when we defeat him we don't deal the death blow and show him how a mere human could have kicked his shiny metal butt, and in the end didn't. show him how valor is nothing without mercy.
Edited by Lumacman#1691 on 5/21/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hes not dead, if you look at his body he still has a 'breathing' animation going. And probably got his wings back when you saved the Crystal Spire
Reply Quote
Oh ya, oops. For some reason in my memory I could see his gold armor, but ya it's Itherael, you can even see his book in his hand.

He's definitely not dead though.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 11:16 AMPosted by DrChaos
He's alive that blast didn't kill him even if he did they would just pull a Kael'thas.

SET BACKS!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
And how you are supposed to kill an angel that has no body at all? How to make him bleed to death?
They only have armors but this doesn't mean they have body. Tyrael gained some random black body when turned to mortal though.

Imperius feels hurt when diablo struck him. This got me connfused.
Reply Quote
So Angels and Demons don't really die? Than what is the point in all this "defeat the lords of hell" bullsh1t if they r just gonna come back anyway?
Reply Quote
No he is alive. He would have died if D2 succeeded in destroying the heavens.
I hope to fight him in expansion :)
Edited by casshyr#1660 on 5/21/2012 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
In the Wrath video they put it clearly that diablo can't just die. It would eventually come back later. Itherael or Tyrael says it and suggests that instead of killing him, they must imprison him forever, which Imperius neglects and kill Diablo in a moment.
So, at the end of Diablo 3, there is not a single reason to believe that we did really killed Diablo forever. We have already put him into a soulstone and broke it down into pieces, but it was not enought to deal with him. Adria put him back now onto the new blacksoulstone whoever knows how.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Yukkyboy
I just want to know if imperius died after that blast of wave that happens in act IV b4 we go in to fight diablo

You, others, and I all had this same question which means that Blizzard doesn't know yet.

I was answered by somebody here that originally we were meant to fight and kill Imperius, but they decided to cut that and go straight to the 'death' scene, now to be interpreted as an ambiguous KO.

Put that response together with what we see in the final cinematic - it is obvious that at the time the cinematic was made that Imperius was dead. We would have A) seen him and B) heard him say something about Tyrael ascending back to the council and becoming the leader.

Remember the leader was IMPERIUS, and in the final cinematic TYRAEL becomes the leader. So yeah, we were confused because we were being fed two contradictory lines.
Reply Quote

He's definitely not dead though.

I would not say definitely. I very seriously doubt that Blizzard has made a definite conclusion about what to do with Imperius, even now. But according to that cinematic, Imperius is indeed dead.

That last act, everything about it, was rushed and it is still buggy. I want to know how the hell a game that took 12+ years to make can feel rushed at any point? I want to know how the hell they can still be up in the air about something like this 12+ years later? dude wtf were they doing?
Edited by Gazenthia#1675 on 5/21/2012 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If I remember right, he was still breathing after he lost his wings. I wouldn't be surprised if he was exciled or ran.
Diablo saw something inside Imperious that the others could not, Diablo was clearly attempting to pull something out of him that only Diablo knew about. I wouldn't be to surprised if there more behind Imperious character then being an angel.
Especially considering(I may and probably am wrong) that angels die as their armor is pierced as it disrupts the flow of sound that forms their body. Also in Wrath, you see Imperious sort of hide his cut.

EDIT: He's the only angel that I've noticed to "bleed"
Edited by Domuk#1788 on 5/21/2012 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

EDIT: He's the only angel that I've noticed to "bleed"

Probably because he's the only angel (so far) that's actually been injured on-screen :P
Reply Quote
89 Human Mage
ONE
He is alive! What makes you think that what happened to Imperius also didn't happen to Itherael, who is clrealy visible at the ending cinematics, when diablo started corrupting the Crystal Arch. If Itherael was alive then this leads me to believe that Imperius is alive.
Edited by RinalynLee#1346 on 5/21/2012 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Does it really matter? Even if Imperius did die, he would just come back after some time. The Angels are like the Demons: they reform after death. Case in point: Tyrael "died" after shattering the Worldstone. He reformed 20 years later. I recall reading somewhere, that angels know when someone hasn't died yet, because their "replacement" (i.e. reformed self) never shows up.

To truly destroy an Angel or Demon, the lore goes that one has to either trap them in a soul stone and destroy it (so far this hasn't worked), or completely obliterate the Burning Hells or High Heavens. We know the High Heavens can be destroyed if Crystal Arch is corrupted/shattered. I suppose the Burning Hells also has a "heart" like this somewhere, but if it does, it don't think the lore has been revealed yet.
Edited by Nargrakhan#1559 on 5/21/2012 7:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
He survives his confrontation with Big Red, although clearly Diablo's version of "Fus ro DAH" hurt him. Your character meets him moments after the cine and Imperius greets him with a peevish "This is all your fault!"

Jeez, what a complainer.

;)
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Gazenthia
Remember the leader was IMPERIUS, and in the final cinematic TYRAEL becomes the leader. So yeah, we were confused because we were being fed two contradictory lines.

TYRAEL become Wisdom not leader
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]