Diablo® III

Is imperius dead after diablo 3??

90 Worgen Warrior
I dont know the specifics but there was a point right before You fight Tyrael's former friend or student in his corrupted form, or just after that along the way to the arch, in a lore book Tyrael claimed that the guy You just fought wasnt dead, or corrupted because his replacement hadnt come through the silver Arch.
Im assuming that what they were saying there was that when, (if) Angels die they are reborn from the Arch, If thats what they meant then Imperius isnt dead.

Let me Know if I didnt get that right though
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
He isn't dead. I've just been watching the behind the scenes dvd from the CE and one of the developers states straight out that he is not dead and that they will be making a LOT more use out of him in the future because he is just too good/ badass of a character and has a lot of potential. So.. there you have it.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 05:14 AMPosted by Throne
He isn't dead. I've just been watching the behind the scenes dvd from the CE and one of the developers states straight out that he is not dead and that they will be making a LOT more use out of him in the future because he is just too good/ badass of a character and has a lot of potential. So.. there you have it.

Yep this is exactly why I think they are going to do a fallen angel Imperious expac for sure. He is obviously the kind character who holds a grudge and is not happy that the Nephalem does his job in the heavens. As it stands, his character is very under-realised for how important he appears in the story.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
He is so "badass" that Diablo took him with a single strike.
And we killed Daiblo after that. So, WE are the badasses.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I wanted to fight him so bad, but then Diablo had to ruin it by trying to destroy the High Heavens...
Reply Quote
because they didnt start making it the exact day after diablo 2 expansion was released?
Reply Quote
Imperius did not die, Diablo just disabled the angels atop the Silver Spire.
Maltheal left the Council after the WorldStone's Destruction so Tyrael took his place as the Archangel of Wisdom.
Imperius does not think might is always right. He is pure bravery in combat hence Valor.
Also, Imperius did what he thought was right and as bad as we are; I wouldn't blame Imperus for wanting humans extinct.
Mind you, Tyrael broke the laws MANY times. That's why Imperius was so angry.
Remember Imperius had killed Diablo before, He probably didn't expect Diablo to shatter his precious Solarion when Imperius used it to block Diablo's direct attack. If only the Archangels were there to fight along side him. (Even though he would deny assistance)
I'm not saying Imperius was right, I'm not saying he wasn't a jerk either. I'm just saying there was a good reason for all he did. Imperius had killed Billions of Demons.
In a One-on-One fight, Imperius would kick your Nephalem butt.
Edited by Agnogris#1859 on 6/18/2012 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I do not believe Tyreal could have truly stepped back as Justice, during his fall, Tyreal explains his power was drained, which cause those unjustly dead in Tristram to come back alive and he was powerless to stop it.

That being said, I assume he is only temporarily serving as Wisdom, if he is mortal, he is now aging and will die. Not sure he will be reborn as an Archangel or not.

I would think Death was not an option until the "End of times" for Angels or Demon in the sense and connotation that we understand death to be. And a line in the end times prophecy says that "Death will encompass all" so it's possible Malthael did figure something out in his wandering of pandemonium related to it.
Reply Quote
Who cares about imperius. Pretty lame character anyway.

Remember how it took both baal and diablo in order to defeat tyrael in diablo 2?....I know they where not at their full strength, but they didn't manage to kill tyrael either.

So if tyrael can keep up with them, then why do we need a "angel bad-!@#" character.
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Hawkeye
I would think Death was not an option until the "End of times" for Angels or Demon in the sense and connotation that we understand death to be. And a line in the end times prophecy says that "Death will encompass all" so it's possible Malthael did figure something out in his wandering of pandemonium related to it.

I like the way you think.
Malthael, as Death, found a way to give a definitive Death to unkillable creatures, like Demons and Angels. Maybe that even corrupted him, making him think he was the almighty end-of-all-things or something like that. That could easily make him a target both for Imperius and Diablo alike!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/21/2012 11:16 AMPosted by DrChaos
He's alive that blast didn't kill him even if he did they would just pull a Kael'thas.

Tempest Keep was just a set back..and the angels weren't killed.
They were still moving while you were talking with Tyreal. They are moving slowly, but they are moving. If Diablo just reaching the arch killed imperius it would have killed off the others as well and we could have finished the game without ever having to kill Diablo. With the angels dead, he would have won.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 01:25 PMPosted by LethalDose
Maybe that's the expansion, Imperius turns against them, who knows?

Obviously foreshadowed in a the most hamhanded of fashions:

1. Imperius gets a ton of screen time so that we, the players, know who he is, that he doesn't like us, and that he's really badass.

2. Imperius Gets a very deliberate hole in his chest from Diablo, which is significant enough to become a focal point of his model and textures ingame.

3. We're deliberately shown that the soulstone containing the 7 evils doesn't just evaporate after diablo is taken care of.

4. Tyrael is very clearly remaining mortal and in Heaven.

The opening cinematic of the expansion is as follows:

Tyral is killed by mysterius offscreen figure in heaven. Maybe a cliche one liner like "How could you!"

Camera pans to mysterius figure. Oh no, it's evil Imperius!

Camera pans down to Imperius' chest hole, revealing the soulstone.

*Gasp! Metzen is so clever! We're all blown away! We never saw it coming!*

The following act or multiple acts have us dealing with Imperius trying to wipe out humanity, culminating in a final battle with Evil Imperius in Hell (Since he's decided to fill the power vaccum down there.)
Reply Quote
that was the point of the soul stones, it was to trap the souls of the prim evils and destroy them forever, however as leah died and did not destroy the black soulstone he may still live, in the last cinematic as diablo is falling from the highhevens there is a small shard that does not burn up and continues to fall, this could either be the soulstone itself, or a seed of terror. On another more tricky note how is it that when tyreal strips his wings off he becomes a mortal, when mortals where in fact half demon and half angel, how dose stripping his wings make him human?
Reply Quote
I agree
He's definitely not dead though.

I would not say definitely. I very seriously doubt that Blizzard has made a definite conclusion about what to do with Imperius, even now. But according to that cinematic, Imperius is indeed dead.

That last act, everything about it, was rushed and it is still buggy. I want to know how the hell a game that took 12+ years to make can feel rushed at any point? I want to know how the hell they can still be up in the air about something like this 12+ years later? dude wtf were they doing?
Reply Quote
no hes not dead. and like the prime and lesser evils . archangels can not be truly killed . they just come back in time . that why they have had there eternal conflict . they kill one or two of them but not all of them so then the dead ones come back . to trluy kill them you would have to destroy all of hell. just like how diablo wanted to kill the archangels for good he had to destroy the high heavens and the greeat spire.
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 02:13 PMPosted by PopeUrban
*Gasp! Metzen is so clever! We're all blown away! We never saw it coming!*

This has the highest possibility if actually being what it is.

The problem is, that they started so many plot threads without conclusion, that the expansion has good probability for being anything.
Reply Quote
He is not dead

Proof:
Kill Diablo,don't end the game.Return to Bastion's Keep and teleport to the Pinnacle of Heaven.He and the other angels aren't there
Reply Quote
I predict that Diablo's blow to Imperius will corrupt him, and he will be fought in the expansion.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Yukkyboy
I just want to know if imperius died after that blast of wave that happens in act IV b4 we go in to fight diablo, seriosly i think he is the best caracter in all of diablo he is valor incorporated with a bit of pride which both are almost similar and «walk and to hand», cus i think he should die like that at least make him a boss or something if ur gonna kill him, he was just wounded in the cinematic, and after u beat diablo the other 2 angels appear the one of hope and fate i think!!! so why didnt imperius appear in the last cinematic, at least tyreal could say something like RIP imperius he was the strongest archangel!!! he is really badass, he is the only caracter who is actually cooler than a barb full armored killing waves of demons, mostly because he does that too!!!!

Dead, I say not, I would say he and a few of those high and might Angels are in the corner licking their wounds and afraid to show their faces because they got the butts handed to them by one demon. It is not his pride that is hurting but his Igo. Think about it, if you think your the baddiest person on the block and another person walks upon you and kicks you around, your pride will be hurt and you will not want to face the others because you are afraid of what they will say about you.
Reply Quote
I'd say almost positively Imperius isn't dead. If he is then they'd be breaking their own rules in the story to do so. Apparently none of the named angels and demons ever truly die... they spend time in Pandemonium for awhile and then are reborn in the crystal spire when they're sufficiently healed. Even Izual for example, though he spent a long period of time as a corrupted angel on the prime evil's side could still be reincarnated through the Crystal Spire. The story clip after you kill Izual in Act 4 states that Tyreal wanted to believe Izual was defeated and released from his torment previously (I'm assuming in D2) but the other angels didn't believe this because his replacement never emerged from the Crystal Spire. They turned out to be right because you have to fight Izual in D3. Based off how I understand the lore to be anyway, unless the Crystal Spire is destroyed or corrupted then none of the arch angels can truly die.

He could be corrupted though, seems to be headed down that path anyway. Also based off of the storyline in D3 evidently angels at least can choose to stay in pandemonium indefinitely as the other arch angles speculate that's what Malthael did. So I guess Imperius could be corrupted or choose to stay in pandemonium if he were "killed" and wanted to do so, but I don't think he can be killed in the permanent sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]