Diablo® III

Is imperius dead after diablo 3??

My thoughts:

Imperius is not dead.

In the Wrath video during the confrontation with Diablo, it is revealed that Imperius is not pure; that he has "sin" in him. The video is named after one of the deadly sins; Wrath. Therefore, I believe that Imperius is transitioning from the Archangel of Valor to the Archangel of Wrath.

I place my money on him being a boss in the expansion.
Reply Quote

EDIT: He's the only angel that I've noticed to "bleed"

Probably because he's the only angel (so far) that's actually been injured on-screen :P

Not true, all through act 4 there are "little" angels running around being destroyed by mobs of demons. They kinda do the "i'm melting" thing and then all that is left is armor. But it makes you wonder, if those small ones can be "killed" why shouldn't the arch-angels be able to suffer the same fate
Reply Quote
He is so "badass" that Diablo took him with a single strike.
And we killed Daiblo after that. So, WE are the badasses.

That's sound logic...........
Reply Quote
I find it interesting he did not show up in the congratulation scene after Diablo dies. His conduct was getting pretty sketchy for an angel of light, I have a feeling Imperious may be on the dark path.... just sayin
Reply Quote
Heres my take on it.

Imperious is not dead but he was defeated and humbled by both our mortal heroes and his ancient enemy Diablo. Being the Archangel of Valor means this wasn't suppose to happen to the likes of him. Diablo sees in Imperious the potential to be corrupted just like Tyrael's old soldier pal. Diablo being just the Lord of Terror could never gain the edge of corrupting Imperious but as the one true Prime Evil he now had the means to implant the demonic seed of corruption on Imperious (through the blow to his chest) So at the end of D3 Imperious while he isn't dead he is now corrupted and in the first stages of becoming Santuary's newes't and biggest threat. My prediction is that Imperious was not present during Tyrael's declaration of becoming the aspect of Wisdom because he saw the black soulstone falling and is off to recover it and perhaps release the essence of some of the Prime Evils to purge the mortals whom proved to be more Chuck Norris than he thought.

And regarding Tyrael becoming Wisdom rather than Justice again. Tyrael has chosen to stay mortal and take up the mantal of Wisdom because the Archangels were lacking in Wisdom or they never would of allowed Sanctuary to be basically over run with the Burning Hell's armies. I believe the reason Wisdom is now mortal is because Tyrael can now respect that fact that his clock is now ticking and now the smart choices must be made rather than debated and have an "oops now its to late" type of deal. Tyrael as a mortal is no longer restricted to not interfering with Sanctuary's events and the High Heavens can now protect innocent souls as well as fight the endless war with Hell. Tyreal saw that humans and Nephalhelm* are the key to not losing the war and not losing themselves either. Tyrael is clearly more suited to the seat of Wisdom than he ever was at Justice. Its just sad that Tyrael now will eventually die and set up D4........in 30 years (but it wont be ready even then)
Edited by XWFIceberg#1109 on 10/14/2012 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Rather than becoming a new Archangel I think Imperious will declare himself a new Prime Evil....The Lord of Wrath. This will open up Hell again thus giving us something to fight and open a new chapter in story lore.
Reply Quote
^^^ I agree! ^^^
Edited by WhatHitYou#1829 on 10/14/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree with everyone predicting he'll be the new big bad in the expac. Everything that goes down at the end of the Act IV and everything in the "Wrath" short suggests that he's, like, extremely corruptible, and possibly not even "good" at all in his present incarnation, except insomuch as he fights demons.

I predict that he's responsible for the stuff that is revealed about the Templar order, as well (some angel had something to do with it, but it's news to Tyrael when Kormac shows him, so it obviously wasn't a joint decision of the Archangels), and that this may play a part in the expansion storyline (aside from, obviously, rescuing Leah's soul, and possibly resolving all the Scoundrel's problems in Kingsport).
Reply Quote
Imperius would make a great elite boss or sub boss or an enemy in an expansion pack of diablo; so they wouldn't kill him outright.

And the light of the spire only caused the angels to lose consciousness; so he shouldn't die.

Also, he might be some sort of hybrid demon/angel being.
Edited by Harbinger#6573 on 10/16/2012 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Imperius was once a boss in Diablo 3, but was cut. just pointing that out.
Reply Quote
Imperius is obviously the final boss of the expansion.
Reply Quote
Even if he is dead, another Archangel will be born out of the Crystal Spire to take his place anyway so there will be another Archangel of Valor. I remember a story in-game about an angel who was captured and then corrupted to evil and although he was declared dead, they specifically mention that his replacement never came out of the Crystal Spire. Just can't remember the name.

I like the idea that he is not dead and might become a new Prime Evil or a new boss for an expansion, that would be cool.
Reply Quote
you mean Izual, there is plenty of angel blood in heaven, what do you think the blue fluid on the ground near a dead angel is. for all we know the reason why diablo didn't destroy imperious could have been to plant a seed of corruption, perhaps the wound diablo gave imperious was capable of corrupting imperious slowly
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 11:46 AMPosted by PheL
So Angels and Demons don't really die? Than what is the point in all this "defeat the lords of hell" bullsh1t if they r just gonna come back anyway?

Well you know, a big tough body like that isn't instant noodle, he's gonna have to work at it for a few decades, either building one from scratch (which is like a construction project) or corrupting an already strong individual (which is like political takeover). Either way it's gonna take him a while to come back, and when he do, the powered up Nephalem (thanks to the Worldstone's destruction) along with the hosts of heaven (under Tyreal and, hopefully, not-such-a-jerk-anymore-Imperius) can just kick his red !@# back into cinders again, and again, and again. The world needs heroes right, and what better way to become a hero than to beat up the Prime Evil?
Edited by Vulture1003#1246 on 2/12/2013 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Even if he is dead, another Archangel will be born out of the Crystal Spire to take his place anyway so there will be another Archangel of Valor. I remember a story in-game about an angel who was captured and then corrupted to evil and although he was declared dead, they specifically mention that his replacement never came out of the Crystal Spire. Just can't remember the name.

I like the idea that he is not dead and might become a new Prime Evil or a new boss for an expansion, that would be cool.

The "dead" archangel would either be Izual, the fallen angel, Malthael, archangel of wisdom, or Inarius, the prophet.
Reply Quote
Imperius is an arrogant prick. Tyrael should have become the embodiment of valor. Tyrael is aweome. Imperious should be made the butt whper for all angels after they relieve themselves. he needs to be taught a major helping of humility.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Brunobyof
And how you are supposed to kill an angel that has no body at all? How to make him bleed to death?

They...have a body...It's what's under that armour, it's the sort of black shiny !@#$ that you see their face as. I like to think of it is "Mortals cannot comprehend what angels look like so they just put blank black stuff there instead."

02/12/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Vulture1003
Even if he is dead, another Archangel will be born out of the Crystal Spire to take his place anyway so there will be another Archangel of Valor

It's to my understanding that Archangels can't be replaced, but they're insanely hard to kill. Sort of like the Prime Evils and the Lesser Evils.
Edited by Skelt#1516 on 2/12/2013 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yea, Tyrael became the new arch angel of Wisdom (replacing Malthael) and Imperius is not dead just wounded. After that he refuses to let the heroes in to heaven and fight diablo but they do so anyways when the angels are rendered still.
Reply Quote
Imperius is the most bad !@# thing in all creation
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]