Diablo® III

Wizards best weapons are two handed Maces?

I have been playing awhile and as a wizard I tend to use magic missile. I recently found out that a staff or wand wasn't needed. I also noticed that majority of swords and maces do more damage. When I equip these other items I get higher dps. Is there any reason I would ever use a wand or staff again? Is this seem weird to anyone? Thanks.
Reply Quote
It seems more like other weapons in general tend to have more DPS than wands or staves. Two handed maces don't necessarily have the highest DPS at any given level, though.

I personally wouldn't use any two-handed weapon unless it had amazing DPS, affixes and maybe a socket, but they can be useful when you make heavy use of channeled spells (Ray of Frost or Disintegrate) since they drain AP slower and allow you to keep firing for a longer time. Your single-hit spells also tend to deal more damage, which is good for kiting builds. Keep in mind that if you use a slower weapon, your casting speed also decreases.

Wands might be nicer than other one-handed weapons in some cases (assuming comparable stats) because if you're using a build that has no signature spells, you can still do some direct damage from afar with the basic wand attack while you're waiting for AP to regenerate. With another one-handed weapon, you'd have to get into melee, which is obviously not always safe.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]