Diablo® III

Quick Question on Monk Role...

Hey forums long time no post,

My question is this, two weeks or so into this game and it seems that we are beginning to get pigeon holed into this idea that a monk is solely a tank class which confuses me some what. I can see why I mean we do have insane damage reduction as well as dodge do to our dex stacking. But i hear people QQ all the time about how they are trying to tank with a monk and are getting one shot'd in end game content.

Now granted I have not even passed act 3 normal due to my work schedule (I'm an engineer so i work like 70 hour work weeks in fact I'm posting this at work now) but from my over view i don't really see the monk class as a tank. I think in all honesty we would be better suited as a support dps that adds not only a heal aspect but a damage increase to the group as a whole.

I mean i could see tank if we stacked strength as well to increase armor to absurd amounts as well as dex for some dodge and vit but i rarely have heard monks stacking str.

So basically what I am getting at is maybe the reason people are having such a hard time trying to tank in inferno is because they aren't playing a tank....idk maybe I am totally off here in my assumptions but yea

P.S. don't flame i burn easily o.O...
Reply Quote
It's only been 7 days since release. >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]