Diablo® III

FPS-stutter anti-aliasing-related?

Although running the game at about 60 FPS, my game stutters when I hover my mouse over NPCs, chests, and loot. Its really only the hovering over specific objects, which causes the stuttering. (btw GREAT job, Blizzard. Didn't you guys mention, D3 was all about the loot? Believe me, it's no fun at all to have loot and lootable objects being a reason for performance issues)

For people, encountering the same issue - at least if you own a GeForce card - I can provide a HALWAY-workaround:

download the NEWEST nvidia-driver. It was released a few hours ago.
Now activate "Anti-Aliasing FXAA" and "Vertical Sync". Ingame your now deactivate Anti-Aliasing as well as V-Sync. The FXAA-support is new with the latest drivers.

The chewing-gum-like fps-drop stopped for me - my FPS seem to settle at a pretty constant 30 though. Fights now feel better because my mouse does not accidentally (ha, the irony...) hovers over loot anymore and drops my fps.

I for myself prefer it this way, until Blizzard gets their !@#$ together.
Reply Quote
Awesome news, I will add it to my long list of workarounds here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619611
Reply Quote
Combining the above mentioned with the "Fullscreen Windowed" option further seemed to improve performane - or at least alter it again. Hard to describe, worth a try though for anyone else experiencing this.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Hey I just downloaded the new driver, and where do I find the new Anti Analizing? I can't find it in the nvidia control panel
Reply Quote
you my good sir...are AWESOME. ive been surfing pages for days, tweaking options, trying changes, and even overclocked my computer. I was having drastic FPS drops in the sewers, but nowhere else. after almost a week of nonstop searching, this quick fix (the nvidia options on, in game options off) completely fixed it! your my hero! <3
Reply Quote
Great stuff. thx.
Reply Quote
still broken
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]