Diablo® III

Has anyone had success with 2H on a Monk?

I've really been dying to try out a 2H'er on my Monk, but I don't have the heart to spend a bunch of money on a good one on the AH, and haven't seen a decent drop anytime recently.

Basically, I don't get the point. In Hell+, defense is a necessity to survive. Even if we go dual wield instead of sword and board, we can get the nice 15% dodge bonus. The bonus to a 2H weapon is spirit regeneration I believe. So no block, -15% dodge, and for some reason I imagine the spirit generation even with that bonus isn't going to be up to par with that of DW.

Is there any point to Monks using 2H weapons at all? It just doesn't seem remotely balanced or fitting to the class.
Reply Quote
No, not really. You're better off with a shield or another 1hdr. 2hander take too long to generate spirit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]