Diablo® III

How do you get the treasure goblins?

The other classes seem to have no problem with them, it is incredibly frustrating missing every single one with five valour stacks up. Wondering if anyone had any techniques or if they pick a specific skill for them.

To make it more clear, I'm only interested in inferno strategies. The problem is that replacing a skill for dash makes an efficient run not viable. Other classes seem to have no problems. I am missing out on lootz! Just wanted to know if I'm just a noob or if this is a common problem.

Thanks!
Edited by clownhordes#1938 on 5/24/2012 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dashing strike or fists of thunder with thunderclap makes them a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/24/2012 03:17 AMPosted by TeejayMac
Dashing strike or fists of thunder with thunderclap makes them a joke.

This. Although if you hit enough, they don't get out of their stagger often enough to really run away.
Reply Quote
cyclone strike works wonders, you just have to stand a few yards away when the little fool tries to teleport.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 03:20 AMPosted by cred
cyclone strike works wonders, you just have to stand a few yards away when the little fool tries to teleport.

There are a couple of types of teleports that they do. One is when they haven't been hit for a few seconds. The other is about 15 seconds after when they were first activated. The first can be interrupted with cyclone strike or any other damage, the latter cannot be interrupted by anything.
Edited by Dal#1515 on 5/24/2012 3:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/24/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Dal
There are a couple of types of teleports that they do. One is when they haven't been hit for a few seconds. The other is about 15 seconds after when they were first activated. The first can be interrupted with cyclone strike or any other damage, the latter cannot be interrupted by anything.

Yeah, it's pretty funny - you can push/pull them around with things like Cyclone Strike, but the teleport out animation will still finish as if they were standing unmolested in front of their portal.
Reply Quote
The only times I have ever had problems with them is when I'm in a group. Solo, even in Inferno, I've had my "pet" pull one with groups before, and still killed it. FOT and thundercap keeps you on them for the most part. Given, I'm sitting at 9k dps, but even when I started and only had 4 or 5k, they were never a problem.
Reply Quote
Dashing Strike 4tw. Make sure you click at a point in front of them so that they aren't allready gone when you get there.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Krinu

Yeah, it's pretty funny - you can push/pull them around with things like Cyclone Strike, but the teleport out animation will still finish as if they were standing unmolested in front of their portal.
I'm pretty certain Cyclone Strike doesn't work on treasure goblins (or most champs) on Inferno difficulty. They're also immune to stuns and most roots (snares seem to work sometimes).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
05/24/2012 03:19 AMPosted by TakinTheHeat
Good luck doing this on inferno though. You pretty much have to just let them go, since there isn't any way you can afford a build that can kill 440kHP before they teleport.

I've killed them on inferno, without any type of speed debuff.
Reply Quote
First thing I do is dismiss my Mystic Ally. Then swap in 7 sided strike and fist of thunder/lightning flash. Also try to hit hit from the back so he runs into areas you have already cleraed instead of areas that are yet unexplored.
Reply Quote
All you have to do is have more damage. I never miss them, and I have base movement, and no dashing abilities.

Visit the AH, buy some stuff.
Reply Quote
Does anyone know if using a 2h for monks does the same as barbs using 2 handers?

If a barb with a 2h hits, it will prevent them from summoning a portal. My friend who is a barb starting asking me if this works with monks using a 2h, I didn't have an answer since I don't own a 2h at the moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]