Diablo® III

Need Help In Act II Inferno!

85 Troll Warrior
Having trouble getting past the very first couple rare packs of Act II Inferno.

I am running with my Demon Hunter girlfriend who is currently at 53k Damage. Here is an image of my stats: http://i50.tinypic.com/2h80ku0.jpg

And here is a link to my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWXgYQ!YXU!acZabb

I am aware that Boon doesn't do much anymore due to the nerf, but I am not really sure what else to use. I can handle packs of white monsters just fine, it's when one or more of the deadly stats (molten, fire chains, poison, etc.) appear that I'm really screwed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
53k hp*

Big difference there buddy. 53k damage means you can outright pwn anything within that 4seconds serenity...

That being said, Mantra of Evasion with armour or backlash seems to be the new thing on the street now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
53k hp*

Big difference there buddy. 53k damage means you can outright pwn anything within that 4seconds serenity...

That being said, Mantra of Evasion with armour or backlash seems to be the new thing on the street now.

Her damage is at 53k, she's a demon hunter lol.

I had my resist at 430 earlier today but I only lost about 5% resist or so and added about 5k life.

How long should I be farming Act I Inferno for? Because that's pretty much all I have been doing for the past two days. And where should my life/resist/damage be at?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
An increase of 70 resist = 5%. These diminishing returns are terrible. How is 5% resist better than an extra 4000 life?
Reply Quote
You have to think of resists, dodge, armor or anything with diminishing returns as how much it increases divided by 100-current value. for example
if you have 50% in resists and you add 5%, then you would go 5/(100-50). thats a 10% dmg reduction increase.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I guess that's a good way to think about it. I'm just farming Inferno Act I for another day at least now
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]