Diablo® III

FIX SS

between the qqers and the honor knights defending everything there is realism.

The spell still takes a lot of discipline, monsters FOLLOW YOU while ssed half the time, it cannot be chain cast (not sure of this is as intended. Blizz needs patchnotes. anything less is ugly and one really deserves to know if a product is being changed, especially under your nose). I can live with the duration decrease as long as it can be chain cast. No chain cast either? You really feel nerfing our most powerful defensive spell to almost 15% of its original efficacy is ok? Alright, AT LEAST DON'T LET MONSTERS FOLLOW ME.

WTF. You broke our strongest spell more than the alleged buff we had over other classes - which we didnt its just how any ranged/tactical class works in any mmorpg in being able to solo content before melee as we are not gear dependent - or we would be OP with extra good gear.

Please. At least hotfix the monsters following you. Its game breaking.

edit: also, plz fix melee !@#$ hitting us when we are not in melee range (277ms)
Edited by roflcopter#1651 on 5/25/2012 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i agree, reducing the duration of ss is acceptable for me provided the monster DOES NOT follow me once ss is activated.
Reply Quote
between the qqers and the honor knights defending everything there is realism.

The spell still takes a lot of discipline, monsters FOLLOW YOU while ssed half the time, it cannot be chain cast (not sure of this is as intended. Blizz needs patchnotes. anything less is ugly and one really deserves to know if a product is being changed, especially under your nose). I can live with the duration decrease as long as it can be chain cast. No chain cast either? You really feel nerfing our most powerful defensive spell to almost 15% of its original efficacy is ok? Alright, AT LEAST DON'T LET MONSTERS FOLLOW ME.

WTF. You broke our strongest spell more than the alleged buff we had over other classes - which we didnt its just how any ranged/tactical class works in any mmorpg in being able to solo content before melee as we are not gear dependent - or we would be OP with extra good gear.

Please. At least hotfix the monsters following you. Its game breaking.

The fact that the enemies still follow you bothers the hell out of me. I can see people complaining that it shouldn't offer invulnerability (but it should), but half the time it's all moot because the precious 1 second you have to move yourself to safety (lol) doesn't matter when the enemy seems to be on my shadowy self like a fly on feces.
Reply Quote
Agree. There were so MANY times that I pop SS, yet elites pack still casted their skills like mortar, plagued, teleport, bla bla. Lolwhut ? I am supposed to be invisible and mobs can still cast skills on invisible objects ? Smart AI there...
Reply Quote
the skill is really useless unless it can be chain cast or glyphed for 3.5-4s. All it is is a deaggro (ignoring the problem with mobs right now)
Reply Quote
Skill is absolutely not useless, deaggro is sensational and I've yet to see a better survivability skill at getting out of a sudden pinch
Edited by DignusFolium#1675 on 5/25/2012 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Shoyrukon
Skill is absolutely not useless, deaggro is sensational and I've yet to see a better survivability skill at getting out of a sudden pinch

Try using it when it's actually needed to escape..

1 second is trash. It breaks a CC and that takes like half a second, you then have another half a second to run 5 steps. So useful with fast or vortex mobs...
This
05/25/2012 09:25 PMPosted by DignusFolium
Also, it is a sensational escape - but not worth the slot on a 6 skill action bar and for the discipline cost. Needs to give more
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 09:00 PMPosted by roflcopter
You really feel nerfing our most powerful defensive spell to almost 15% of its original efficacy is ok?

With how fast everything in Inferno is, SS is actually our only defensive ability. ^_^
Reply Quote
I added Tactical Advantage, with the Lingering Fog glyph it now seems if you bolt right away immediately after hitting it, you lose aggro most of the time. I agree the skill needs some more balancing now but that's a workaround I've found.
Reply Quote
Honestly I found it to be a cheap/cheesy way to beat stuff. While I don't completely agree with the nerf I think they need to change something with it whenever they decide to release a patch. There's not really much you can do in 1/1.5 sec especially considering the cost of the ability so it's basically an ability DH have but it's "dead".
Reply Quote
We are talking about a deaggro versus soloing. A deaggro works great when there is something else for it to go to. The fact the monster know where we are when we use it, implies that we are still on the aggro board for the mobs when we should be wiped off of it, monsters with no target should stop moving altogether.

Oh and the comment on the melee range not being melee. Great example, the damn bugs that shoot bugs in act 2. try to get as close as you can without touching. go on I dare you blizzard.
Reply Quote
I miss the old SS.
Reply Quote
I don't think 1 sec will ever be enough, unless they can get everyone's ping below 100.

Just the Network lag will cause mobs to continue to chase us well after we have popped SS. At least when we had 2-3 sec it gave us a buffer.

But as we all know, Devs never play the games they patch. Which leads to illogical nerfs like this.

If the skill needed to be nerfed find a way that doesn't destroy it and its runes. "Breathe Deep", 6 hatred. Really?
Reply Quote
Why nerf anything in this game, its not like its affecting other players like something thats overpowered in while and has a clear advantage in pvp. Be realistic, the damn game is pve until they decide to impliment some kind of pvp, ok then i can see nerfing things that may be to powerful to other players. I understand you want the game to be challenging, Inferno is extremely challenging and that big whopping 1 second of maybe escaping death is so over powered when it was 2 seconds. Wow, really? 2 seconds...I mean its bad enough inferno is ridiculous in the first place but you're going to take away something that might help? lol.

Fine, just take the ability away, along with witch doctors spirit walk, and any other form of escape other classes have. Then we can all just die repeatedly in inferno as you intended it. I mean c'mon i keep seeing more, and more and more things that are really turning me off of this game. I loved the diablo series, but this is far, far from a diablo game. Now you're nerfing abilities, so this is basically just mini-wow with a diablo theme. Thats not what i nor many of diablo fans wanted, if we wanted to play wow then we would.

the reason they nerf SS is to make DH become more equipment dependent, which mean we had to either farm farm farm or buy from RMAH, which would benefit blizzard. nerfing SS = blizzard make more $$
Reply Quote
Well... you can already see the "hype" for diablo 3 dying.. you get what i mean :p
Reply Quote
Why nerf anything in this game, its not like its affecting other players like something thats overpowered in while and has a clear advantage in pvp. Be realistic, the damn game is pve until they decide to impliment some kind of pvp, ok then i can see nerfing things that may be to powerful to other players. I understand you want the game to be challenging, Inferno is extremely challenging and that big whopping 1 second of maybe escaping death is so over powered when it was 2 seconds. Wow, really? 2 seconds...I mean its bad enough inferno is ridiculous in the first place but you're going to take away something that might help? lol.

Fine, just take the ability away, along with witch doctors spirit walk, and any other form of escape other classes have. Then we can all just die repeatedly in inferno as you intended it. I mean c'mon i keep seeing more, and more and more things that are really turning me off of this game. I loved the diablo series, but this is far, far from a diablo game. Now you're nerfing abilities, so this is basically just mini-wow with a diablo theme. Thats not what i nor many of diablo fans wanted, if we wanted to play wow then we would.

the reason they nerf SS is to make DH become more equipment dependent, which mean we had to either farm farm farm or buy from RMAH, which would benefit blizzard. nerfing SS = blizzard make more $$

i think they just !@#$ed up and gave in to monk qq
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]