Diablo® III

Reflects Damage - counter with +Life per Hit?

Example: I'm Using Devouring Arrow and Nether Tentacles and I get multiiple instances of 700-1200 damage reflected to me. Would +1000 Life per Hit make me immune to Reflects Damage elites?

Does anybody do this? I wanna know before I buy Life per Hit gear.
Reply Quote
Lol, if only. Theoretically you could get enough life steal to counteract the reflect damage from elites in inferno when combined with NV. Making an entire item set to counteract 1 possible roll on elites is not the way to go imo.

I say theoretically because you will need a LOT of lifesteal to make this happen unless you have very low base damage and life on hit instead of percent life steal.
Edited by Revans#1541 on 5/27/2012 3:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Depends on how much damage you deal. I can crit for 50k + so that would one shot me no matter how much life leech + %heals you get from runed skills. I either avoid the reflect affix or chain smokescreen (as best I can) then unload or slow and steady. Rarely ever take the slow and steady path, I'm way too impatient with the amount of HP some champs and elite packs have.
Reply Quote
lol reflect counter: uber burst + ss. I crit for 100k dmg with tentacles with a bow and its fine for hit and run. easily killing reflect monsters. and i dun use sharpshooter passive; prefer tactical
Edited by Kanibulz#1487 on 5/27/2012 3:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
this doesnt work everywhere, but im in inferno act 1 and i counter reflect damage mobs by popping shadow power/gloom rune and using nether tentacles on them, just keep refreshing your shadow power as needed
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 03:51 AMPosted by Grizcyn
this doesnt work everywhere, but im in inferno act 1 and i counter reflect damage mobs by popping shadow power/gloom rune and using nether tentacles on them, just keep refreshing your shadow power as needed

Assuming the damage reflect is 20% and Shadow Power's reduction work on it.

20 * .35 = 7% damage return

If the 20% lifesteal also get nerfed from Inferno difficulty, you're only getting 4% back, .6% more if you cound the 3% from Nether.

So as a result with Gloom you'll take 2.6% of your damage done.

On a 100k crit, that's 2600 back.

Better burn them fast.
Reply Quote
on paper that looks right, but when im fighting the mobs my hp actually goes upwards instead of downwards
Reply Quote
Life on hit helps me. The key is to kill them one at a time and use the orbs each one drops and not to use aoe. It allows u to get orbs during the fight and reduces the total damage reflected back to u (because your not doing that much)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]