Diablo® III

Demon Hunter Inferno Solo/Co-op Build

Finding that this build is very playable in a group and solo. I've been using it in Inferno with another Demon Hunter. We're both using the same build and it's been smooth sailing (or as smooth as Inferno can be post nerf :P).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRdXVS!bXT!YcbZbc

Primary: Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow

Very nice single target damage, enough said.

Secondary: Elemental Arrow - Nether Tentacles

Great AoE. The life steal is a nice bonus as insignificant as it may be. Fairly cheap to spam.

1: Vault - Tumble

This is just personal preference, you could replace Tumble with Acrobatics or altogether replace Vault for Caltrops or whatever it is you like. I find vault to be incredibly useful even if it's just to get around faster :P.

2: Smokescreen - Lingering Fog

Yes, it was nerfed. Yes, it sucks that it was nerfed. Yes, it is still an amazing ability. No, you should never pass this ability up.

3: Preparation - Battle Scars

I use Battle Scars just because I have enough HP that I don't quite get 1-shotted (just over 22k). If you're under 20k then I'd recommend Backup Plan instead of Battle Scars. The chance for the CD to be ignored is better than a 60% heal you'll never get a chance to use.

4: Spike Trap - Scatter

I cannot emphasize enough what an amazing skill this is! Incredible for getting some great damage off while kiting and in halls/doorways or on bridges where the traps will stack. 275% weapon damage per trap and you get 3 traps for 30 hatred with the Scatter Rune. A well placed trap can end up nailing that elite chasing you for 825% weapon damage (Almost like the bomb from Grenadier if you get killed without you having to die). The uses for this skill are limitless and the damage is insane. If you take nothing else away from this build, at least take Spike Traps with Scatter!

While I have been playing with a partner, their internet had been acting up so there were several elite packs I had to solo in addition to just clearing whole dungeons while I waited for them to reconnect. This build played out even better solo in my opinion. Without the extra hp, the traps and elemental arrow tore through everything.

TL;DR

Look at the link. Build works great solo and co-op. USE SPIKE TRAPS!
Reply Quote
Hehe, yeah I was in Act 1 when I posted this. Since then I've heard/seen how different Act 2 is :P
Reply Quote
Caltrops is way better for coop, since vault only lets you get away, while caltrops - TG helps the entire party kite. Same for RoV-Stampede.
Reply Quote
Hyper I like that build as well. I was wondering what kind of gear you were using for it? Are you just maxing DPS or do you try for Vit and All res on gear?
Reply Quote
What...no Ball lightning?

Seriously, Ball lightning does MUCH more aoe damage than Nether Tentacles for huge packs of mobs. Single target I would say Nether Tentacles wins out. Ball Lightning is just ridiculous on groups. Ridiculous.

Also, I found that lingering fog was somewhat worthless post-nerf. I use the speed bonus after using smokescreen. helps with kiting.

Cool to see other setups, though.
Edited by Wiks#1370 on 5/28/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRYdTl!ecT!ZZb.Za

this is my Solo inferno build. bad !@# for kiting and constantly HP leeching if your build is based around alot of HP leech. i can "tank" some elite mobs if i have to with this build because of the sick HP leech. i estimate well over 5k-7.5k HP leech a second.
Reply Quote
What...no Ball lightning?

Seriously, Ball lightning does MUCH more aoe damage than Nether Tentacles for huge packs of mobs. Single target I would say Nether Tentacles wins out. Ball Lightning is just ridiculous on groups. Ridiculous.

Also, I found that lingering fog was somewhat worthless post-nerf. I use the speed bonus after using smokescreen. helps with kiting.

Cool to see other setups, though.

That's why Nether is better. Against bosses you won't have to switch and lose your NV buff.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 01:18 PMPosted by wooooo
Hyper I like that build as well. I was wondering what kind of gear you were using for it? Are you just maxing DPS or do you try for Vit and All res on gear?

Ignore Hyper. You don't need hatred regen after act2. You're running like MAD and have plenty of time to regen. Maybe on a boss.

had he cleared act4 without some cheese he would be properly humble.
Edited by Zidaen#1208 on 5/28/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

bola shot with bitter pill for hatred / discipline regen when needed
elemental arrow with neather tentacles (best thing evaaaaaa)
pet with hatred regen (bat)
smoke screen with ling frog
prep with 30% no cd rune
and last but not least, marked for death with mortal enemy rune( this makes for almost infinite hatred when attacking mobs)

What are the passive skills that you use along with all of this?
Reply Quote
Past act 1, 22k hp won't save you from much. Backup plan is better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]