Diablo® III

My first legendary drop!!!

After 68+ hours gameplay time, my first legendary drop in act 1 inferno. finally. I had the 5 stack of valor as well. How long did it take you guys to get your first legendary drop?
Reply Quote
Not long, got one on the Butcher in Act I Normal, and two more from random mobs in Act II Normal. So three within the first ~15 hours of play or so. Barely any MF on my character either ... just the luck of the draw I suppose.

FWIW only one of those was useful to me. One I sold on the AH for some measly sum and the other I think I actually salvaged (ye gods!)
Edited by Cimexus#6664 on 5/29/2012 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
nooo way lol...dam i must be really unlucky. But then again i dont have MF gear.
Reply Quote
Legendary is random. You can even get it the first time you play if lucky. I haven't found one yet. :X
Reply Quote
Its random? so you dont need MF? or do you?
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Nismoguy350z
Its random? so you dont need MF? or do you?

No you don't NEED MF, but having MF will make it more likely to get magic/rare/legendaries. Nothing is guaranteed though ... you just have relatively more chance to get legendaries the higher your MF is.
Reply Quote
I'm only in hell act 2 and I got 2 legendary drops with a barbain

One was a staff (Autums call) which was useless for the barbain so I savlaged it

And the other was a shield Centruion which I am still using..

However Legenary drops are not alway useful --at the end of the day its the stats on the item that count.. a rare item with a few good stats is better that a legenardy item with crap random stats
Edited by BadPanda#6716 on 5/29/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm about 110 hours in and I usually farm Act 1 Inferno, Act 4 Hell, and some places at Act 4 Inferno, and I have yet to see a single legendary drop.

So as far as I'm concerned, they don't drop. Anyone who says they found one is just lying and got it from the AH, and they were put there by Blizzard.

(Sarcasm)
Reply Quote
100 hours 0 legend
Reply Quote
~24 hours played, in Act 1 nightmare and got my first drop last night :)
Reply Quote
I got a useless legendary sword in Act 3 of nightmare. It has really low DPS and the only interesting stat is 25% chance of poison. It was worse than most of the magic items I was finding at the time. I need to auction the stupid thing... I'm sure someone will buy it just because it's legendary.

Yesterday I got a great legendary shield in Act 2 of hell. I can see it staying with me until I get to inferno.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 07:49 AMPosted by DreamSmasher
100 hours 0 legend

Same.
Reply Quote
Took me maybe 66 hours to get my first one.. then somehow I got 2 legendaries in the same day (one of them was from the treasure goblin, act 4 hell I think). Sold them on AH for 100k each (items weren't great).
Reply Quote
Im not even looking forward for a Legendary.. I want them blues with 1k DPS thank you.

Seriously though, after maxing my Monk and reaching Inferno, Reaching Nightmare on my DH.. I NEVER got any Legendary.. so yeah.

Then my brother let me play his Wizard and 5 mins in farming for gold.. I found a Legendary.. and he sold it for 100k.. so.. yeah.
Reply Quote
Dam really so some people still haven't found them yet huh? my friend only legendary was a artisin plan for the smith i think its lost boys boots plan. i got the angel hair belt or something like that. but yea people tell me rares can and are actually better than legendaries.
Reply Quote
No legendary until last night, 2 in the same run Act 1 Inferno. 2H mace lvl 51 and Lidless Shield.
Reply Quote
Let's say an item has a 0.004% chance of dropping. If you have 100% MF, from my understanding, the drop chance is not 0.008%.

The % increases the drop rate by the % amount.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]