Diablo® III

[Request] Ability Mechanics and Affixes

The title is a bit vague, but the restrictions on title size got me! This thread is my request, but I don't believe I'm alone in this, for specific ability mechanics when it comes to affixes. It would be a bit more of an intelligent discussion between pros and cons of what abilities for what affixes. Then, in the event that there is a pack that just seems unbeatable with your setup, and in the event you decide to forsake the stacks of your Nephalem Aura, you can find the right combination of abilities to take them out.

For example:

Fists of Thunder - Thunderclap

Pros: Great for closing the gap on anything, especially when an Elite is low on hp and is running from you.

My personal favorite when it comes to killing Treasure Goblins. Excellent way to keep the damage on them as they constantly run from you.

Cons: Whether normally clicking or shift clicking, it will teleport you into Molten, Desecrate, or Plague 9 times out of 10. It really makes these packs annoying to deal with when using Thunderclap rune.

Something along these lines folks. A better understanding of our abilities, some tips and tricks when using them, and perhaps some quirky bugs with them may help us all overcome the lameness of our current state in inferno.
Reply Quote
Does Tempest Rush noticiably stagger elite packs in Inferno? By noticably stagger, I mean knock them up or knock them back as an interrupt. The Fists of Thunder ending effect does not stagger Elites, but it does stagger trash in Inferno.

I'm curious to know if Tempest Rush effectively interrupts Inferno Elites?
Edited by Technicz#1501 on 5/29/2012 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mantra of Evasion - Backlash

Pro:
The Dodge given is already nice, and then there's the activation and there's the activation of the rune.

Believe me, this DEALS huge damage on large mobs when it procs because you see "Dodge" in the air and every Dodge you see means you do an AoE Damage

Con:
It's CHANCE based. That's it :))
Reply Quote
Deadly Reach - Foresight

Pros:
Long reach to be outside of Plague/Desecrate/Molten, and still hit a target.
18% damage boost to help kill faster

Con:
Narrow frontal attack, harder to AoE when surrounded.
Reply Quote
Nice job, dude, but no doubt this will sink soon because most players are faithless and mindless.
Simply give you a bump ANYWAY.
I DONT !@#$ING CARE, I WOULD BUMP THREADS like this ANY DAMN WAY I LIKE UNTIL THE END.
Reply Quote
Look back at d2 official community site, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH D3 GAME GUIDE?
Reply Quote
Holy necro batman. Dude just bumped a 7 1/2 month old thread. Is this a record?
Reply Quote
Sure we should record, until D3 game guide is not DAMN FAR FROM THE COMPREHENSIVENESS D2 USED TO REACH
Reply Quote
The only guide you will need right now is too play the game.

And barb forums are that way ----->
Reply Quote
The only guide you will need right now is too play the game.And barb forums are that way ----->

SHAME ON YOU to speak for those who SHOULD HAVE DONE THEIR OBLIGATIONS WELL.

You are the TYPE that JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY THE GAME ALL THE TIME.

Even when you are 100 years old, you still have no idea what people are talking about in this thread. You even never GET A SSHHIITT WHAT THE WORD "MECHANICS" MEANS.

You are not a D2 fan, or rather dont even match the phrase "D2 fan". You never truely experienced such an ADEQUATE OFFICIAL D2 SITE that contains GAME MECHANICS, MONSTER STATS, CATALOGUE OF ITEMS and LIST OF AFFIXES etc., all with BACKGROUND AND CULTURE CRAFTING, all in ONE WELL ORGANISED TABLE OF CONTENTS.
Reply Quote
You are the "GIVE YOU FOOD AND REPLY WITH TAIL SHAKE" type dog, so just SHUT UP AND PLAY YOUR GAME.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]