Diablo® III

Maintenance and Diablo III is Already Running

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
If you're seeing an error that states "Diablo III is Already Running" when trying to patch or login, please wait for maintenance to end before attempting to sign in again.

Maintenance will begin at 3:00 AM PDT and is expected to last until 11:00AM PDT. Access to the servers will be unavailable during that time and the game may not properly identify which patch you currently have installed during that time.
Thank you for informing us :) I just hope that people will read it and stop thinking that the error is abnormal although the servers are supposed to be down.
Servers wont be up until 11:00 PDT time 12:00 MDT time 1:00 CDT time 2:00 EDT time 8:00am in Hawii and 10:00am in Alaska
90 Undead Warlock
If you're seeing an error that states "Diablo III is Already Running" when trying to patch or login, please wait for maintenance to end before attempting to sign in again.

Maintenance will begin at 3:00 AM PDT and is expected to last until 11:00AM PDT. Access to the servers will be unavailable during that time and the game may not properly identify which patch you currently have installed during that time.

what about the fact that we could play on EU realms, and since downloading the patch we are unable to login to other regions?

you can try to log in, it doesn't matter if you are trying to login to NA servers or EU servers, or asia servers, as soon as you get to "authenticating credentials" you receive the message ->

"Patch Required: A new patch for Diablo III is available. The game will now close and apply the patch automatically. You will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied."

after you get this message, it closes the client, and in my case i receive a windows error stating "diablo iii has stopped working", and i get the 'check online for a solution and close the program' or a 'close the program' option.

no "diablo iii is already running" about this particular error at all.
Edited by helheim#1404 on 5/29/2012 9:33 AM PDT
well at least we know now
100 Undead Mage
OMG thank you Jurannok BUT did you realy need to lock the thread it was Funny as get up the amount of nerdrageing that was going on it was giveing me endless amounts of chuckles
05/29/2012 09:31 AMPosted by saz
Uh, people on this forum will have to learn to read to benefit from this Sticky.

haha agreed
here a thought do what Biowere does with their game give est centrel and pdt time in the info when you shuting down and when servers coming up less confusion and thanks for the info
ughh why not in the early morning? around 5-8 am would be perfect time for a patch....
Might want to sticky this in general too, almost every thread/post is about this problem.
Hopefully this information will stop trollers or people who needs spectacles from creating extra unproductive threads about the same problem.
ugh i really wish someday blizzard will use some system to show my local time.... Thanks people who cleared that out! :)
id like to officially apologize to blizzard for my inability to read time zones. /monkfacepalm
Great response time. Thanks for the post.
Thank sir thats an answer! In the same way i have a question ... why Blizzard is doing the maintenance for ALL their game on the same day ? wasnt a good idea to do it on different day so ppl can still enjoy your company ?
How come the timezones are localised? for instance, if you lived in the EST timezone, why can't they just make it so people in that region can see it in their timezones? It would stop a lot of people from being confused. All they have to do is insert one timezone, and it should automatically translate to different timezones.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]