Diablo® III

Maintenance and Diablo III is Already Running

(Locked)

Why cant i play on the EU server??? It's up! But I get the same error!
I launched the game, and it downloaded a patch. After it finished, I proceeded to click "Play". I enter my login info, and after the first check ("Connecting to Battle.net server"), I get a message box saying "Patch required. A new patch for Diablo III is available. The game will now close and apply the patch automatically. You will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied." I then click "OK", the game closes and the launcher pops us again, and Diablo III.exe crashes.

Nothing about what I described above conveys to me that the servers are down. Nothing about it even comes close to normal behavior for such a situation (which would be a message saying that servers are down, and to try again later or something). Also, the Europe servers are supposedly up, and it makes no difference if I switch to them (same thing keeps happening). Could you please fix the game so that it doesn't crash, and maybe display an appropriate message instead?
100 Human Warrior
thanks
05/29/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Cridhe
ugh i really wish someday blizzard will use some system to show my local time.... Thanks people who cleared that out! :)

Was your local education system not enough to convert to your time?

it's sad to see how affected by prejudice you are. I'm not from the US (still American though.) and in my country we do not use PST or PDT references for timezones, we use GMT. Though my "local education system" was enough to teach me the differences I'm not happy with having to do it for every event in Diablo, for practical reasons.

Too bad your local education system was not enough to teach you how to be a LITTLE polite.
I will now but that wasn't my point it would be nice if it was more clear. It is murky at best.
13 Goblin Shaman
He actually addressed this. Your client installation now has a patch newer then the other regions. WTB a rollback?

A) Wait for the patches globally.
B) Uninstall and reinstall D3 and find patch-per-patch updates, versus the downloader.

Good luck. :p
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I launched the game, and it downloaded a patch. After it finished, I proceeded to click "Play". I enter my login info, and after the first check ("Connecting to Battle.net server"), I get a message box saying "Patch required. A new patch for Diablo III is available. The game will now close and apply the patch automatically. You will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied." I then click "OK", the game closes and the launcher pops us again, and Diablo III.exe crashes.

Nothing about what I described above conveys to me that the servers are down. Nothing about it even comes close to normal behavior for such a situation (which would be a message saying that servers are down, and to try again later or something). Also, the Europe servers are supposedly up, and it makes no difference if I switch to them (same thing keeps happening). Could you please fix the game so that it doesn't crash, and maybe display an appropriate message instead?

Or...you could read the BREAKING NEWS box which says that the servers are down for maintenance?

How fool proof does Blizzard have to make this?
do you not understand "THE SERVERS ARE NOT DOWN JUST NOT ABLE TO BE ACCESSED" while they install the patch the server comp's need to be running to accept the new information! so by connecting in the middle of the information being put in the server you are getting only some of the new patch instead of the whole thing!!!!!!!!! TRY AFTER SERVER MAINT IS DONE
I don't know if this is the best place to post this question, but is there somewhere we can look and see what issues the patch is addressing?

I'd love to know if I'll be able to stay logged in without joining general chat.
Edited by Jayne#1437 on 5/29/2012 9:51 AM PDT
05/29/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Jurannok
After installing the patch, you've got a different version of the game than whats current in that region. You'll need to wait for maintenance to end globally if you're trying to access different regions. Once all regions are up to the same patch, you should be able to connect fine.

And why were we forced to download the patch while trying to connect to the EU servers?
Damn, I was using the enUS-client on EU-servers, so now the versions (Server vs. client) are different ones. Got to download enGB-Version now ... :(
Edited by Tribun#2460 on 5/29/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Why don't you put the server status on the game launcher, like every other company with a launcher has been doing for years?
good job forum runners for keeping the customers satisfied
05/29/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Lachase88
I feel sorry for the forum support people have to work so hard spamming the delete button of 1000 posts about the same thing in a little under 5 minutes. My finger would hurt =(

I feel sorry for the customers who payed a lot for this ... service, idiotic maintenance times and confusing error messages.
100 Tauren Druid
05/29/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Hanen
How come the timezones are localised? for instance, if you lived in the EST timezone, why can't they just make it so people in that region can see it in their timezones? It would stop a lot of people from being confused. All they have to do is insert one timezone, and it should automatically translate to different timezones.

Because honestly Blizzard shouldn't have to do that... No body should be getting confused.

Diablo 3 is a rated M game which requires players to be 18. At that point in time, we're hoping that for the good of our world, our teens+ would have no problems converting time zones in their mind.
13 Goblin Shaman
Bingo - US client install using EU servers. For the other members asking why they were forced - you should have chosen to purchase/opt for EU client installations. If you had the proper client, not just choosing your region for an account setting, you wouldn't have been "forced".
how come i can start the game without patching?

Or...you could read the BREAKING NEWS box which says that the servers are down for maintenance?

How fool proof does Blizzard have to make this?

Or... they could fix the game so that it can correctly detect when the servers are down, and let the user know about it, and not crash. Are you really telling me that that's not a reasonable expectation, especially from a company like Blizzard? Take a look at the Path of Exile beta for example, that's how "foolproof" I want them to make it.
Fool proof enough to let us install a game locally and not have to worry about logging into a server to play a single-player game?
or you can just know what the time difference is
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]