Diablo® III

Maintenance and Diablo III is Already Running

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
Hey dudes, i got a problem here.I'm trying to download the patch and everything, but an error message keeps popping up on the screen : "DiabloIII\Updates\d3-0-9749-Win-final.MPQ appears to be corrupt.You may need to download this file again."

Has it ocurred to anyone else here?How can i solve this problem?
You can go take a walk for 47 minutes, then come try again.

Or you can tell him to do something even more useless and inane, like uninstall and reinstall the client, this issues is ALL YOUR OWN FAULT, deal with it.
you skipped school to play this game? you may need to re assess your priorities
bump
90 Night Elf Priest
Please change your avatar. You wow players try to act so intelligent, yet spelling is clearly not your forte.

We don't have the option to change our avatars to diablo specific. None that I can readily see anyway.
Edited by Sedivy#1937 on 5/29/2012 10:19 AM PDT
You will patch when you try to log-in to your respective server. It won't be an auto patch. Hence, if you login your European server, I assume it wouldn't auto patch (unless they updated the European server already).

However, I think if you try to login the US server, the game will close and patch. After that I doubt you can enter the other servers until updated.

P.S. I'm speculating a little here as it is our first patch.
Maybe people are angry because they bought a single player game that requires Blizzard to keep their servers up because they can't figure out a better method of DRM. Some of us only have a limited time per day we can play so when the servers are down for a couple hours and those hours coincide with our play time then the nerd rage boils to the surface. It is sad that B is so scared of piracy that they screw over their paying customers, this will be the last Blizzard game I buy because of the way they launched D3 and the massive issues it has had. Seriously long dev time and a lot of beta testing to still have this many issues at launch. No one found the commodity issues during beta? I spent less than an hour in the AH and had found the problem and reported it, why didn't that happen during beta testing?
85 Tauren Paladin
05/29/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Wobblegurl
come on blizzzard i stayed home from school today to farm some gold in d3 and u take servers down???? pathetic... where can i get my refund for this game

Wow... I "DITCHED" school today so I can bot the servers, and farm gold to sell to other hapless players for a "discount price". Is what you were trying to tell us, right? Congrats to you.
90 Night Elf Priest
However, I think if you try to login the US server, the game will close and patch. After that I doubt you can enter the other servers until updated.

Yes I think if the last server you logged into was US, it will update. To try to switch servers then is pointless as it won't match the client for EU or other regions. If you were on EU last you played, it shouldn't patch yet unless maintenance began there as well.
If you were on EU last you played, and still can't play then for some reason it's checking client against the US server and not EU one and I'm not sure why. Maybe client updates aren't region localized? Which would admittedly kinda suck for other region downtimes.
Edited by Sedivy#1937 on 5/29/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Just wanted to ask why I can't play even though I play on EU realms.
I find this hilarious. Is it really that hard to wait less than an hour more? Reading these comments make me giggle.

Thank you Blizzard for trying to fix the problems in the game :)

-And providing me with unexpected entertainment.-
05/29/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Wobblegurl
my thread got deleted by blizz lol typical ... they spend more time watching bad word on forums instead of fixing our game...

as I'm sure your aware, their are different people for the forums and maintenance
05/29/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Khronuslight
How come the timezones are localised? for instance, if you lived in the EST timezone, why can't they just make it so people in that region can see it in their timezones? It would stop a lot of people from being confused. All they have to do is insert one timezone, and it should automatically translate to different timezones.

Because honestly Blizzard shouldn't have to do that... No body should be getting confused.

Diablo 3 is a rated M game which requires players to be 18. At that point in time, we're hoping that for the good of our world, our teens+ would have no problems converting time zones in their mind.

It's not a matter of maturity, age, or principle... it's just for the sake of convenience. UTC, GMT, PDT, PST.. All these abbreviations can become confusing.
05/29/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Wobblegurl
my thread got deleted by blizz lol typical ... they spend more time watching bad word on forums instead of fixing our game...

U R so rite.
Sshool is bad, keep farmin' and wastin ur life, Gramar is'nt importent
85 Tauren Paladin
05/29/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Sedivy
Please change your avatar. You wow players try to act so intelligent, yet spelling is clearly not your forte.

We don't have the option to change our avatars to diablo specific. None that I can readily see anyway.

I spent over an hour trying to look for a way to change my avatar to something more in the Diablo 3 range... but apparently I'm stuck using an avatar for a game, I'm not currently playing... (Even though I'm stuck paying for the Annual Pass, so I could get my D3 client for "Free!" haha)
My issue with this is that the notice for the game to restart and patch comes on, but after that, the launcher just starts and states that the game is up to date with no patch downloaded or installed at all. Anyone facing this problem, or could someone from blizzard let me know if this is a possible outcome?

Thanks
05/29/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Sabbaclysm
come on blizzzard i stayed home from school today to farm some gold in d3 and u take servers down???? pathetic... where can i get my refund for this game

Wow... I "DITCHED" school today so I can bot the servers, and farm gold to sell to other hapless players for a "discount price". Is what you were trying to tell us, right? Congrats to you.

It is really nice to see people answers to problems like this all the time in these forums, shut users mouth up and better problem be unreacted, what a nice method of handling situations like this from Blizzard...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]