Diablo® III

BUG: Frame Skipping / Camera Stutter

(Locked)

Blizzard Employee
Hey guys,

I am very sorry for the long, long overdue response on this issue. I wanted to make sure I had all of my information correct before responding again.

When I last spoke to you guys, I said that QA was "actively researching" this issue. Since then, QA has worked directly with the programmers to reproduce this issue internally on both Nvidia and AMD machines.

As Graysdir has mentioned several times, this is not the same as the "loading assets" issue. We were able to reproduce this issue after verifying that 100% of our assets have loaded.

A bug has been logged and assigned to the programming team. I don't have any more information to give you guys other than that.

I know it can seem like Blizzard has been ignoring this issue, but we truly haven't. I honestly wanted to wait to respond until I could tell you exactly what was happening. With a specific bug for this issue logged into the database, we are one step closer to fixing this issue for you guys.
Vasadan, thank you very much for the update! (and for taking the time to provide additional details, etc)

It is good to hear that the issue has been reproduced, and gives me hope that it will indeed get fixed.
Edited by Graysdir#1665 on 7/16/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Thanks for the update Vasadan. You've restored some of my faith in Blizzard.

Hopefully they will find what is causing the micro-stutter for so many of us and fix it in the next patch!?

Next course of action....fix the drops on Inferno and do something about the ridiculous inflation on the gold auction house?
Gorbak... Obviously your issue was different and has nothing to do with what is being discussed here.
Edited by Graysdir#1665 on 7/16/2012 1:09 PM PDT
^ bump
^ bump or ditto or whatever, I experience the same thing on two different comps.
Vasadan,

That single response alone has restored a good deal of my faith. Thank you for following up.
Good news, Vasadan! Please keep us posted and thank you!
85 Dwarf Paladin
I have been having the same issue. I actively searched for posts related to my problem and was unable to fix the issue with any of the described methods. I am glad to see a thread posted that matches my issue to a T. I shrugged off the bug in the beginning but it is getting progressively annoying in the higher difficulties.

I had some trouble finding out if it was just an FPS problem - apparently the ctrl+r command for giving fps in-game was broken by patch 1.3? I am not sure, but I do not get 0 fps, the tool just is stuck at 0. I took your advice and ran around Tristram and noticed the background stutter almost immediately. Reading your post I would assume the issue really doesn't effect major gameplay, but it seems mine escalates during critical moments in fights/boss fights.

EDIT: I have great FPS in other games like WoW on max graphics and I play starcraft2 like a champ. I don't see this being an FPS problem for my PC.
Edited by Daystar#1287 on 7/16/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Vasadan,

Thank you for the update!

Reproducing the issue can sometimes be a challenge and your comments indicate a thoroughness in testing that inspires confidence. I (and I'm sure others) eagerly look forward to the day when you announce a fix is imminent.

Please continue to keep us posted. The interaction is very much appreciated. We'll do our best to stay in line as we patiently wait.
07/16/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Aicyone
I had some trouble finding out if it was just an FPS problem - apparently the ctrl+r command for giving fps in-game was broken by patch 1.3?

Aicyone,

Yes that command broke for for several of us (Graysdir and myself for certain) in 1.0.3.
Through the efforts of Graysdir Finally they responded.
one step closer to fixing this issue for you guys after 2months since released ?
Graysdir has been doing a good job !
Hey guys,

I am very sorry for the long, long overdue response on this issue. I wanted to make sure I had all of my information correct before responding again.

When I last spoke to you guys, I said that QA was "actively researching" this issue. Since then, QA has worked directly with the programmers to reproduce this issue internally on both Nvidia and AMD machines.

As Graysdir has mentioned several times, this is not the same as the "loading assets" issue. We were able to reproduce this issue after verifying that 100% of our assets have loaded.

A bug has been logged and assigned to the programming team. I don't have any more information to give you guys other than that.

I know it can seem like Blizzard has been ignoring this issue, but we truly haven't. I honestly wanted to wait to respond until I could tell you exactly what was happening. With a specific bug for this issue logged into the database, we are one step closer to fixing this issue for you guys.

I really don't know how to express my thanks and sympathy for your position, so will keep it simple. Thank you Vasadan and the hard working fellows at bliz for this one.
Awesome thanks Vasadan, glad to know its on the dev radar now. I am over here doing a Balki Dance of Joy for the fact that hopefully it will be resolved at some point. :)

And THANK YOU Graysdir, for making this thread, and holding steadfast against the blog bombing masses who didnt have the same issue but couldnt distinguish that fact for themselves. And now that we have Blizz's attention you can take a breather sir, and know that a job is well done.
Edited by ralphnumbers#1730 on 7/16/2012 11:25 PM PDT
Well, if this a totally different thing for the asset loading stuttering, is that ever going to get looked at to?

I think thats my problem. Cause when I stutter, my HD light is going off.
Thanks Graysdir for public awareness and thanks blizz for acknowledging the problem
Thanks Ralphnumbers, but the problem isn't yet resolved, so I will keep this thread updated until it is, and hopefully, you, and the others with this issue, will continue your efforts in our thread as well!

Ayperos, I have no idea but that discussion should be continued in an "asset loading" thread. BTW, I posted a way to find out whether or not your issue is the same, in my OP, if you want to verify it... (but lets stay on topic in this thread please)

Thx,

Grays
Great to know Blizzard is fixing this problem Im also having!!
Want to pop in here and say thank you to Graysdir, first and foremost, AND to Blizzard for recognizing that the issue does exist and that they intend to actually do something about it.

That is great news =)

I will try to post here again when new patches hit to report what I find so we can keep track of this progress.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]