Diablo® III

BUG: Frame Skipping / Camera Stutter

(Locked)

You guys are acting like its some amazing noble cause what Blizzard is doing. This should have been addressed 6 MONTHS AGO IN BETA. One response and everyone is jumping back on blizzards nuts. Recognizing an issue exists should have been done MONTHS AGO not a couple days ago.
07/17/2012 01:19 PMPosted by SmokeyNYY
You guys are acting like its some amazing noble cause what Blizzard is doing. This should have been addressed 6 MONTHS AGO IN BETA. One response and everyone is jumping back on blizzards nuts. Recognizing an issue exists should have been done MONTHS AGO not a couple days ago.

you're right of course, in principle. but it's still good news and saying thanks to the QA guy is the decent thing to do.
Thanks Ralphnumbers, but the problem isn't yet resolved, so I will keep this thread updated until it is, and hopefully, you, and the others with this issue, will continue your efforts in our thread as well!

Graysdir, I'm with you. I'm in this for the duration.
Edited by Aktiv8#1423 on 7/17/2012 8:30 PM PDT
07/17/2012 02:21 PMPosted by ltkAlpha

you're right of course, in principle. but it's still good news and saying thanks to the QA guy is the decent thing to do.

ItkApha, well said.

SmokeyNYY There's an old saying. "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar." Since we're concerned with a bug ... yeah, probably applies here.

And that's today's "Deep Thought." Now back to your regularly scheduled programming ...
I hate this, rubberbanding is the gayest thing possible.
I hate this, rubber banding is the gayest thing possible.

Trancin, although I can sympathize with your frustration (rubber banding IS annoying) this thread is not about that. Please keep your comments on topic with the issue Graysdir laid out so clearly in the OP.
07/17/2012 01:19 PMPosted by SmokeyNYY

Cool, so let's all bash the QA guy who finally responded instead -- that will surely get us more communication, eh?

Voting with your wallet is a more effective tool for programming overall corporate behavior.

In the meantime, being anything less than civil is simply counterproductive to getting this issue ultimately resolved.
Just a +1 here. Drove me crazy to see that after buying an upgrade (HD4790 to GTX560) I still have this steady chop in the surroundings. Didn't quite measure it any way, but looks like a sort of 'frame skip' with a steady interval of about half a second. Just enough to notice and tire you out after a few hours of play. Spent hours just trying to find that one setting that would make a difference. Hope Blizzard finds a fix 'soon', now they've seen what we mean :)
Hi Mpax... This issue isn't usually as "steady" as you have described. Its random, uneven, sometimes occurring every 2-3 seconds, but mostly at irregular intervals. Its possible you are experiencing the same issue, but you might also be experiencing low FPS since it sounds more evenly-timed. Its possible that you have the stutter, plus something else going on. My old Radeon system gets the stutter but also gets some slow fps when running around, sort of mixed in. (even though it is on Bliz's "high performance" video card list)

A friend of mine described it as if it looks like someone is periodically hitting the side of his monitor. That abrupt hitch of the screen is what we are describing here. Watch the youtube video, and you will see how irregular and jerky the frames are displayed. Its not an evenly timed chop every 1/2 second as you described.

Watch the youtube videos... especially the one with the URL that ends in "SM"... does it look like that for you?

Grays
Edited by Graysdir#1665 on 7/18/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Wow nice to see there might be some hope on this. I haven't played the game in weeks. I just pop in here from time to time to see if this has been fixed so I can enjoy some barbarian smashing again with no stutter.
My last few friends that were still playing have now quit Diablo as well... the last two said it was because of the stuttering. I have also stopped playing now as well, and won't return until it is fixed. All I do now is login to check my auctions...

Hopefully people continue to post in this thread so it stays on the first couple of pages, and Bliz realizes the issue is still here... a lot of people are affected by it... and it needs to be a priority to fix!
90 Dwarf Hunter
/bump
My last few friends that were still playing have now quit Diablo as well... the last two said it was because of the stuttering. I have also stopped playing now as well, and won't return until it is fixed. All I do now is login to check my auctions...

Hopefully people continue to post in this thread so it stays on the first couple of pages, and Bliz realizes the issue is still here... a lot of people are affected by it... and it needs to be a priority to fix!

I was putting in 8 hours a day on this game for a while, now the combination of being fed up with a variety of technical issues including this stutter makes it so my playtime is no more than 8 hours a week.

Side note, just got a new GTX 690 to replace my tri-SLI 480s, and guess what... it stutters just as bad as the 480s did. The issue is even more apparent now that I've gotten used to seeing what Max Payne 3 and Saints Row 3 can do on this hardware.
80 Goblin Death Knight
Massive Rubberbanding and Fps drop off's.. up till 1.0.3. i ran on 1600 x 900 max now I can't even play on low
07/21/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Modernpsycho
Massive Rubberbanding and Fps drop off's.. up till 1.0.3. i ran on 1600 x 900 max now I can't even play on low

This thread is not about rubberbanding or FPS dropoffs. Those are separate issues.

This thread is not about rubberbanding or FPS dropoffs. Those are separate issues.

Also it's something that's been happening since beta, not something that just happened recently. Also i would recommend reading a thread before posting in it to ensure you're on topic in the future.... at least in bug report forums, these are supposed to be serious.
07/21/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Modernpsycho

As posted in the original thread, clearly, and in italics/bold, multiple times:

[PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE HITTING "REPLY"]

Note: If you fixed your issue by adding an SSD, or if it began after a particular patch (ie: 1.0.3), then this is NOT the same issue, and you should refrain from replying because your problem is different.

** This thread is NOT about slow FPS, lag/latency, rubber banding, or asset loading **.

Please do not post a reply in this thread unless you have the exact same issue. This thread has nothing to do with general FPS slowdowns, lag, latency, rubber banding, asset loading, hard drive speed, drops to 0 FPS -- this is not the same problem. This thread is ONLY for those who are getting high FPS, but still get this brief "stutter" only when the camera is panning.
Edited by Graysdir#1665 on 7/21/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Brotality, Ripshaft, Pilfer, and others, just wanted to make sure you all know that I appreciate that you all have been helping me keep the thread on topic! Please keep up the good work!
Hey guys-can you believe i landed a week long forum ban from creating relavant threads concerning these issues and simply posting/bumping other threads reguarding the same subject matter? Blizz can't even withhold a proper forum ban without screwing that up--The "week long ban" lasted 13 days. whatever Im not here to bash blizz, I just want a playable version of D3.

All my D3 problems remain unaddressed and they severely escalated since yesterday to full on client crashes/freezes/ "diablo 3 has stopped working" control alt delete task ending. I am in NE area on comcast too btw it seems the NE are having MAJOR issues today.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]