Diablo® III

BUG: Frame Skipping / Camera Stutter

(Locked)

I'm getting the same stuttering / jittering problem and have all along I think. It is definitely different from rubberbanding. It's like you are playing your character as a marionette and jerking their strings ever so slightly all the time. I can't even check my fps, well I can check, but it always says zero.

I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 (not home edition cuz it's also my dev machine)
GeForce GTX 560Ti
I7 2.8 GHz
4 GB RAM

never had this problem with other games (WoW, Rift, SW:TOR, GuildWars, others...)

I run it at 60Hz refresh rate in windowed fullscreen mode because I have dual monitors. Do I need to set some different video options or something? My video card reports there may be problems with Stereoscopis 3D viewing. Anyone know what that means?
dmainAgamer there are detailled instructions on how to determine wether this is your problem or not on the first page of the thread. Please try that and get back to us if you are experiencing the same problem. Unfortunately, if you are, then changing video settings will have little to no effect for you.
I have this issue as well. Nothing in 1.0.3 fixed this for me.
@Vasadan- The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Glad to see another blue response after all this time.

I propose if clan tags ever make it into this game that we form one called The Stutterclub.

Still here, still stutterin, still sad at this game that I wanted to be amazing.
Customers < Customer's money

Dragon
Edited by Dragon#1921 on 7/31/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Please fix this soon, Blizzard. My friends have quit the game due to this non stop stutter, and I haven't logged in for a week either. I thought we'd all be playing this game for years, but at this point, the stutter is too irritating. Honestly, a AAA title from Blizzard should never have been released with an issue such as this, especially since it was first reported back in October 2011!

I sure hope this doesnt drag on for months, or years, without being fixed.
Please fix this soon, Blizzard. My friends have quit the game due to this non stop stutter, and I haven't logged in for a week either. I thought we'd all be playing this game for years, but at this point, the stutter is too irritating. Honestly, a AAA title from Blizzard should never have been released with an issue such as this, especially since it was first reported back in October 2011!

I sure hope this doesnt drag on for months, or years, without being fixed.

Shameless +1 Bump.
07/16/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Vasadan
With a specific bug for this issue logged into the database, we are one step closer to fixing this issue for you guys.

@Vasadan

I've been thinking about this for a couple weeks. I'm glad to know this has been investigated, a bug is logged and it's in the cue to get fixed. I just get a sinking feeling that because this "feels" like an engine issue that isn't being experienced / noticed by the world that this will take longer to be fixed. I know things have to be taken in a priority order. I'm just wondering what that priority would be. Is this considered, low value ( lower number people than use say ... the RMAH) or high difficulty (> adjusting a drop rate).

I really thought this was going to be "the game" I would sink my time into. Like others on this board, now it just feels like I'm spending time in other games and lurking this board hoping to see a "a fix is being tested" message. Just something to show progress. That this isn't just 1 of 10,000 defects waiting out it's lonely existence in a cue with other bugs waiting to be fixed.

Vasadan, Can you offer any words of hope for a flagging spirit?
I haven't posted on this thread in a while but im glad to see it's a widely accepted problem, I agree with Brotality

08/01/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Brotality
this "feels" like an engine issue that isn't being experienced / noticed by the world that this will take longer to be fixed.

It would be nice if a blue post could give us some details on the progress they have made or where they think the issue lies. I hated paying for wow but at least it seems it held blizz accountable to fix things
While it's not impossible to get another update, i really would not expect it. You gotta understand the idea of "priority" doesn't work how you think it does. The people who are able to deal with this issue will not be dealing with many things outside their speciality (ie the people who are going to be working on this have absolutely nothing to do with balance, content generation, art design, economy, stat analysis .etc). And while there are special priority jobs that must be done, this is almost definately not one of them, and on the other, typically non prioritized list. Everything on this list is important and must be done, but it's usually up to the people working on them to decide the most efficient and best way to tackle them. We've allready been told that they have reproduced this issue in house, and that is very signifigant information, it means they've allready put in some of the most signifigant work in diagnosing this issue. At this point it comes down to how complex it is to nail down and fix.

Even if there was a priority on this, knowing what it's above and below would not be useful in determining much of anything, and bliz would never disclose this kind of internal information. If we do get an update it will likely be after a patch that has a fix in it, to see our feedback. Or, if there's public declaration of the patch leading up to it's release, there might be feedback saying that there's a possible fix en route in the patch.

That said, it's still not impossible to get feedback before then, just I would not expect it.
Edited by Ripshaft#1511 on 8/2/2012 2:31 PM PDT
Seriously though. How many months after release does it take to make a "AAA" game work properly without stuttering on a high-end machine?

I'm about to just uninstall this in frustration and I don't see myself purchasing anymore Blizzard products or services in the future if this is unresolved for much longer.
Vasadan, consider giving us an ETA on a fix, please...
08/02/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Ripshaft
You gotta understand the idea of "priority" doesn't work how you think it does.

Oh, I get it. Believe me. This quote applies:
Have more than thou showest, Speak less than thou knowest ... King Lear, Act 1, Scene 4, Page 6 - Shakespeare

08/02/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Ripshaft
That said, it's still not impossible to get feedback before then, just I would not expect it.

To that I say (taken totally out of context, but the thought counts):
... ye have not, because ye ask not. - KJV NT James 4:2

08/04/2012 05:50 PMPosted by ltkAlpha
Vasadan, consider giving us an ETA on a fix, please...

+1
So... you want us to play dumb to keep this thread going? =/ I guess that works.
08/05/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Ripshaft
So... you want us to play dumb to keep this thread going? =/ I guess that works.

Easy, Ripshaft. Same team.

Far from it. Just suggesting we have a dialogue that isn't based on preconceived notions regarding what someone does or does not know / believe.
Yes, an update would be fantabulous.
Issue originally reported to Blizzard 9 months ago... they ignored the problem.

Then it took this thread, and many similar threads, for them to finally acknowledge it.

My guess is that it will take another 6-9 months before it is fixed. (assuming it CAN be fixed)

Honestly, for a company that claims to make very high quality games, they should be embarassed that this issue still exists.
Issue originally reported to Blizzard 9 months ago... they ignored the problem.

Then it took this thread, and many similar threads, for them to finally acknowledge it.

My guess is that it will take another 6-9 months before it is fixed. (assuming it CAN be fixed)

Honestly, for a company that claims to make very high quality games, they should be embarassed that this issue still exists.

I'm totally amazed at the crappy treatment we've gotten over this issue. I'm actually considering adding Blizzard to my ever-growing excrement-list of companies I no longer purchase from.
Hell but it is stuttering like hell. Every 3 seconds the game has a hiccup like a drunk after a few rounds.
Thats on amd phenom ii x4 965 be with 4g ram, samsung 830 ssd where d3 is installed and msi r7970 lightning at 1300 / 1575 mhz .... Wtf is wrong with blizzard nowadays?
You guys are all blind in the qa department or what?

Thus vented my frustration and i feel free to play another game :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]