Diablo® III

BUG: Frame Skipping / Camera Stutter

(Locked)

I experience the same thing on my brand new desktop. I think this has something to do with why they never fixed the in-game fps counter
Haven't played this game in a month due to this issue, and quite frankly, if it goes unattended in 1.04, I will be readjusting my normally "take it sight unseen" approach to purchasing Blizzard titles going forward.

The FB posts by the project leads reported this morning surrounding the comments made by David Brevik are a prime example of the dysfunction present in the current Blizz culture. It saddens me to see a rebuttal of "you smell" caliber given back to a concise, and largely non-offensive critique.

Especially when their title didn't have deal breaking flaws like rubber banding, microstutter, balance issues that force you into a broken market etc etc...
View profile
i experience the issue in the OP also.

not a really new card or system but to make sure it wasn't my hardware not being up to par, i turned off every single bell and whistle and it still happened.

would love to see this ironed out.
06/06/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Vasadan
The devs will not see it, or fix it, if it is in this section.

Just so you know, the developers do not read the Bug Report section of the forums. However, I am always in direct contact with them.

We are planning several performance fixes for the upcoming 1.0.3 that should hopefully fix (or alleviate) issues like these.

Well...1.04 is coming out (next week?) and this still hasn't been fixed...
Haven't played this game in a month due to this issue, and quite frankly, if it goes unattended in 1.04, I will be readjusting my normally "take it sight unseen" approach to purchasing Blizzard titles going forward.

The FB posts by the project leads reported this morning surrounding the comments made by David Brevik are a prime example of the dysfunction present in the current Blizz culture. It saddens me to see a rebuttal of "you smell" caliber given back to a concise, and largely non-offensive critique.

Especially when their title didn't have deal breaking flaws like rubber banding, microstutter, balance issues that force you into a broken market etc etc...

Yea blizzard will never get another dollar from me.

Also take into account my forum name has been banned just for reporting this issue and voicing my displeasure. My posts were also deleted. Id like to see how many posts there actually are in this thread, and also how much longer this would be is people were silenced by the horrible admins of this forums.

Is this "spamming/trolling"?

I personally would consider completely ignoring a problem, and then just going about business as usual as trolling more than anything Ive done.

Like ive said before. I fully expect another ban from this and a deletion of this post, so hi to those who see this before it gets removed! :)
Hi, my game continues to skip a frame randomly every 1-5 seconds, even when standing still.
It persists through out the entire time. I've put my computer upside down trying to fix it on my side and nothing has changed. I went through the long list of drivers for my video card, uninstalled and installing older ones. I changed countless settings on my control panel. I've turned off as many services on my computer as I could. I did everything, even asking my ISP for a free trial upgrade to what ever the highest speed they could give me, just to make sure it's not a bandwidth issue.

I still have the issue.

GTX 550 ti.

Actually, I see that Jebus Marine has the same card of me, so it must be a compatibility issue with the game and the graphics card.

I see that this is in the known issues list and could be potentially fixed with 1.04 - I will update this post tomorrow evening after I get a chance to test it.
Edited by Inferno#1702 on 8/20/2012 10:58 PM PDT
It doesn't seem our fix made it into 1.0.4... Nice changes otherwise.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368188147?page=1#1
Edited by ltkAlpha#2243 on 8/21/2012 12:50 AM PDT
Just read the following from incgamers, source here:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/patch-1-0-4-patch-known-issues#more-25349

At the bottom is says:
Compatibility
It is possible for certain machines to experience “stuttering” when all of the game’s assets are fully loaded. Our testing has concluded on this issue and Blizzard hopes to have this resolved in a future patch.

I dont know where incgamers gets their info, and im too tired to look into it atm, but I know it's a held to be accurate for the most part.

So nuts, not this patch, but if the info's correct, they've determined the cause and are making a fix, to be deployed independently... ideally this means it'll be deployed when it's ready, but there's not enough information to draw this conclusion.
Just read the following from incgamers, source here:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/patch-1-0-4-patch-known-issues#more-25349

At the bottom is says:
Compatibility
It is possible for certain machines to experience “stuttering” when all of the game’s assets are fully loaded. Our testing has concluded on this issue and Blizzard hopes to have this resolved in a future patch.

I dont know where incgamers gets their info, and im too tired to look into it atm, but I know it's a held to be accurate for the most part.

So nuts, not this patch, but if the info's correct, they've determined the cause and are making a fix, to be deployed independently... ideally this means it'll be deployed when it's ready, but there's not enough information to draw this conclusion.

Thank you for posting that.

At least they know what's going on and perhaps we'll see a fix sooner rather than later.

I am going to assume that other, more important issues (paragon system) had a higher priority than this, as to be expected.

I just hope they do actually do something about this soon™.
At least they know what's going on and perhaps we'll see a fix sooner rather than later.

yea it only took them 3 months to even acknowledge that there was an issue that completely breaks the game for many people. Im 100% sure that theyll get right on it.
Blizzard Employee
And I'm locking this down. I left the thread open so people could still discuss the issue, but there is not much room left for new info. The bug has been logged and it's up to the progammers to fix it. I can't dictate their schedule, so it is fixed when it is fixed. I'll be sure to let you guys know ASAP when it is fixed.

yea it only took them 3 months to even acknowledge that there was an issue that completely breaks the game for many people. Im 100% sure that theyll get right on it.

There have been several blue posts in this thread about the issue, and I made a pretty substantial update in July.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834509?page=27
Edited by Vasadan on 8/21/2012 11:45 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]