Diablo® III

Stuck at "Retrieving Hero List..."

(Locked)

Hey man, you can't expect Blizzard to get all these server things sorted out. It's not like they have any experience running large MMO games at all.

And we ask to be allowed to play Diablo 3. When you make that possible, I promise we'll stop making threads about it.

There is something VERY wrong when we have to ask permission to play the game we already shelled out 60 dollars for. I'm sorry, I bought the game, I own the game, I'd like to play the game when I wish to. This is no different then buying a car and being told by the manufacturer you can't drive it at these times. This is ridiculous.

And if you're Aussie, you couldn't play at all after 8pm last night.
85 Tauren Warrior
Confirmed Fix:

1) Have an authenticator. Sorry but this method requires one.
2) Disable authenticator bypass in Security Options under your Battle.net account.
3) Sign into World of Warcraft with authenticator, log into a level 85 ALLIANCE character. Then travel to Stormwind and alt-tab out of the game.
4) Sign into Starcraft 2 with authenticator, and complete the single player campaign in under an hour. Leave alt-tabbed after the end cinematic.
5) Open Diablo 3, and alt-tab back out.
6) Close Starcraft 2 through task manager. You have to end process you can't just X it out.
7) Close World of Warcraft through task manager.
8) Log into Diablo 3 with authenticator. You will get past the retrieving hero list.

OMFG i dont have starcraft /cry
Retrieving Hero List

in Chicago, IL (USA)
90 Tauren Death Knight
there is a HUGE cyber virus going around right now guys!
LMFAO started with not retrieving character list to error 37 servers are buisy to now character list not comin up wtf is going on plz tell us an eta atleast or whats going on?
too funny posts going up faster than i can read
and by the time i scroll to the bottom 2 new pages or more go up
AWESOME!
Take that oppressive governments!
I WANT TO PLAY MY GAME
85 Night Elf Mage
Confirmed Fix:

1) Have an authenticator. Sorry but this method requires one.
2) Disable authenticator bypass in Security Options under your Battle.net account.
3) Sign into World of Warcraft with authenticator, log into a level 85 ALLIANCE character. Then travel to Stormwind and alt-tab out of the game.
4) Sign into Starcraft 2 with authenticator, and complete the single player campaign in under an hour. Leave alt-tabbed after the end cinematic.
5) Open Diablo 3, and alt-tab back out.
6) Close Starcraft 2 through task manager. You have to end process you can't just X it out.
7) Close World of Warcraft through task manager.
8) Log into Diablo 3 with authenticator. You will get past the retrieving hero list.

Done. Works.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Thank you!
post a time at least
Support Forum Agent
I wanted to play my witch doctor on lunch. -_-

There are demons that need to be turned into chickens and then have acid dumped on their heads!!!
stuck on retrieving hero list. and whats with all this accounts wiped stuff? I hope your kidding
05/29/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Kawa
Still says up and green. "On" does not mean "Up"

This. You have to do more than make sure all the blinky lights are on, children...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9VsNNtvMI
I just bought the game a few hours ago and tried to play, havent been able to yet. They'll fix it eventually, oh well not the end of the world. Calm down people.
05/29/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Zelestraza
Don't know if this helps, but it happened right after I was messing around in auction house and it said "can't find payment info"
that is exactly how it happened for me as well got that same error message and then i figured ill logout and back in then bam got hit with retrieving toons in all honesty with all the stuff that has been going on a little compensation is due i know alot of people have been having trouble so at the same time give blizz a chance to work on this!!!

IDIOT! 12 years they have been making this game.

THERE

IS

NO

EFFIN

EXCUSE!
...man this thread is tailing fast... anyway i'm on the boat naw..
05/29/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Kylmao
IM JUST YELLING BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS

I LOVE LAMP
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]