Diablo® III

Diablo 3 graphics/lag FIX!!! edit config inst

Worked for me my FPS would fluctuate a lot when I first entered session this completely fixed it.
Reply Quote
im not sure what some of your (posters) problems are. I only had a lag issue with my HD2900XT. Since then I bought an HD6870 and have had absolutely no issues at all. Full Settings. BTW : Hardware Class "5"

ASUS Rampage Formula X48
ASUS HD6870, 950/4200, Using AsusDoctor
E8400 @ 4.06GHz ( Water Cooled with a modded CoolIt Freezone with a DD block. )
4GB's Dominator RAM @ 5-5-5-12 @ 1088MHz @ 2.16V
70GB RAID 0 set w/2xWD 10k RPM Raptors
2.0 TB Extertnal
Viewsonic 22" VG2230wm @ 1680x1050 @ 60Hz ( <---same res for D3 )

EDIT: Using CCC 12.3 : D3D 7.14 : open GL 6.14 : 12.3a package
Edited by SarsMonger#1197 on 6/13/2012 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hello guys! i've got ati radeon hd 7770 oc but i have still lagg :S i've got 60+ fps but if more than 20 or 30 monster in the pic or more effect uses i have fps lagg i dont know why...

quadro core processor 4mag 2.6ghz
Thx for help
Reply Quote
if anybody here is using a switchable graphics card, using the Intel HD worked for me, stable at 50-55 fps with very minimal stutter, i believe that D3 does not work well with mobile graphics card as old desktop graphics card handles it with ease so using the Intel HD did the trick

also mess around with the in game settings

nvidia 540m
800x600
everything on low
60 fps with a lot of stutter

Intel HD 3000
1280x720
shadow off AA off
55 fps with very minimal stutter

You know what.. I have the same gear and having the same problems. And to be honest, I think my 540m isn't even working with diablo.
Reply Quote
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THAnk you soooo much....... guys if you are doubting doing this or dont want to take this risk............ just go out there and try it it works amazing....the game feels completly diffrent to me now!!!!!!! DO IT!!!! Thank YOU!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
It works for me thank you very much man!.
I found this !@#$ and cant solve it for 2 weeks
Reply Quote
I will have to try this when I get home. I hope it works.
Reply Quote
Thanks got better here but not completely. I have ATI 6850 but im wondering what number should i keep on Background FPS
Reply Quote
Hey guys, I'm a little late to game, and I've been SUPER excited for the game, I've watched walkthroughs on YouTube, and I've finally got the game. The anticipation was killing me, and right as I start to play... LAG. I don't know what to do, I'm not the most techie guy ever, so I'm in need of some assistance here. Here's my comp stuff.
Model : HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor 2.29GHz
RAM: 4GB 3.74GB usable
System: 64-bit OS

If anyone can help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Isen.
Reply Quote
Just to explain a little about these settings...

Trilinear filtering has been essentially "free" (from a performance perspective) for at least the last 10 years. If disabling that has any effect on your game, there's something else going wrong. I cannot say with any certainty whether this "something else" is system related or game client related, so it may still be worth toggling the setting to see what happens.

*Note that if you've forced any level of Anisotropic filtering through your GPU's control panels than changing this setting will have no effect. Forced Anisotropic filtering automatically applies trilinear filtering, even though Anisotropic filtering is technically possible without it.

Fixing the framerate to 60 (you're actually better fixing it to 62, but that's moot) would simply lower the load on your GPU (good for lowering temperatures - check your HSF for dust!) and prevent you from experiencing massive framerate fluctuations. For example, if your machine is occasionally capable of rendering 100fps and it suddenly drops down to 70, then back to 100, and then down to 60, and so forth, than the resulting gameplay will be choppy - even though it's never actually dropped to a poor framerate. It's the difference in performance that you see.

Hardware Class, however, is one I don't 100% know what it does behind the scenes. It bears mentioning that it's not a setting unique to D3 (though the name varies), and I imagine there are some similarities between what it does in D3 and what it does in other titles. Typically it will adjust the graphics limits of your system, which essentially means how many and how complicated Shader programs are being run and what resolutions it should limit various elements (textures, shadows, etc) to. This means lowering your hardware class is effectively the same as turning down various in-game settings (note that the range is 1-6, with 6 being the most demanding). Changing this setting may have a positive effect on your performance, but do note it will come with a corresponding negative effect on visuals.

dude you are so f*c*ing smart... (im on drugs) but no seriously that post just blew my mind... the way you described ansiotropic filtering was %^-*ing hot.. no joke tho for real do you blog or something I seriously want to listen to you talk

obviously u have way more talent than most of these retard posters and blizz admins.. or any programmer in the world if we are being honest. can you also tell me all of your political or religious views when you get a chance??? let me know bro
Reply Quote
Just to explain a little about these settings...

Trilinear filtering has been essentially "free" (from a performance perspective) for at least the last 10 years. If disabling that has any effect on your game, there's something else going wrong. I cannot say with any certainty whether this "something else" is system related or game client related, so it may still be worth toggling the setting to see what happens.

*Note that if you've forced any level of Anisotropic filtering through your GPU's control panels than changing this setting will have no effect. Forced Anisotropic filtering automatically applies trilinear filtering, even though Anisotropic filtering is technically possible without it.

Fixing the framerate to 60 (you're actually better fixing it to 62, but that's moot) would simply lower the load on your GPU (good for lowering temperatures - check your HSF for dust!) and prevent you from experiencing massive framerate fluctuations. For example, if your machine is occasionally capable of rendering 100fps and it suddenly drops down to 70, then back to 100, and then down to 60, and so forth, than the resulting gameplay will be choppy - even though it's never actually dropped to a poor framerate. It's the difference in performance that you see.

Hardware Class, however, is one I don't 100% know what it does behind the scenes. It bears mentioning that it's not a setting unique to D3 (though the name varies), and I imagine there are some similarities between what it does in D3 and what it does in other titles. Typically it will adjust the graphics limits of your system, which essentially means how many and how complicated Shader programs are being run and what resolutions it should limit various elements (textures, shadows, etc) to. This means lowering your hardware class is effectively the same as turning down various in-game settings (note that the range is 1-6, with 6 being the most demanding). Changing this setting may have a positive effect on your performance, but do note it will come with a corresponding negative effect on visuals.

seriously tho 10 min later and Im still impressed!!!... i had to call my bf/mom and TELL THEM how much this post just blew my mind... i am sure/i HOPE you are appreciated around the house! (I find computer programs super sexy call me!!!)
Reply Quote
Yeah mate this work very well
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I didnt know i was stuttering till i did these changes .......... but so smoothhhhh now

NVidia GTX 550 card here
Reply Quote
To those playing with Nvidia below 300 series, ATI 4000 series, and the motherload of all lags, Intel Family Graphics. Please, for the love of God, might wan't to dish out a few bucks and invest on a better Graphics card. Something more recent and affordable perhaps? Playing on Intel graphics with a minblowing rig is like getting an ugly hooker only because she has nice jugs. No mother or child can help you if you're playing with a card from the 1980's
Reply Quote
When I make the changes they don't stay changed even if I save them. IDK what to do.
I only lag when they are many particles flying around the screen, like breaking objects or spells cast. And many monsters all at once.
Nvidia Geforce GTX 450
Edited by geofat619#1891 on 6/17/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]