Diablo® III

Diablo 3 graphics/lag FIX!!! edit config inst

Bump for this. GTX 250 here. When I logged in today my video and sound settings were reset. I was having an issue with my gpu overheating and black screening (There's a thread about it on here). I was able to fix it by manually setting vsync on AND setting max fps to 59, which is pretty weird but it worked and you had to set both. Anyway today, after I set my fps again, my card was pegged even when I was sitting at the main menu tabbed out (with background fps set to 8). So I came here and looked around a bit, and found this thread. Doing exactly what the OP said plus manually setting background fps to 8 worked for me. Went from 100% fan, 90C, 85% gpu usage to 70% fan, 70C and 60% gpu usage, all other settings the same as far as textures, shadows etc.
Reply Quote
Was running as high as 80-90 FPS with settings maxed before the patch. My video settings were reset after the 6/19 patch, and the game runs at 15-22 FPS, regardless of video settings being all on low.

This did not work for me.
Reply Quote
Seems to have worked for me. Using video card NVidia GeForce 8600M GT. Thanks a ton! :)
Reply Quote
very nice guide ..thanks
Reply Quote
Can't find this congif file. Some help ?
Reply Quote
HOLY BUTTERSCOTCH!

This is working for me right now, I could be catching a good latency issue luckily, but it's never been this good, so I'm saying right now, this is what worked. Very smallllll lag spikes, but nothing bad at all, like my cluster arrow might skip a lag, which ain't !@#$ compared to not being even able to play.

I have crossfired Raedon 6850's.

And I approve this post.

EDIT: Not as perfect as I thought! It works somewhat better, but not as perfect as the past 30 minutes before were, but now it's kind of going back to lag spikes and !@#$.
Edited by NEDGO#1339 on 6/21/2012 2:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/21/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Scofield
Can't find this congif file. Some help ?

Do you have two storage devices? I have my d3 initially running off my c drive which is my ssd, but however, my config file was actually under my d drive, which is where all my downloads are initially schedules to go to.

D:\NEDGO\Documents\Diablo III\D3prefs

double click it, and edit the lines he described in the notepad file and save.
Edited by NEDGO#1339 on 6/21/2012 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks... It works a bit better for me ... but still some little lag.
Reply Quote
Didn't help at all for me. I have a EVGA GTX 460.

It seemed to help other people, though, so that's good.
Reply Quote
Is there a difference visually when this change is made??
Reply Quote
Worked amazingly well, my friend
Thank you so much for the tip
Reply Quote
Using Intel 965 Intel Express Chipset
Game works, just saved Chain. Lag is at the point where its playable but not really ideal long term. Settings all on low and i have done the fix's previously stated. Please any help and improvement would be awesome.
Reply Quote
Definitely helps reduce choppiness in certain areas for instance leoric's manor only problem is you cannot see shielding instead you just see a slight glow on the enemies, other than that I don't see any drawback to doing this.

I'm using it in combination with loading the MPQs from a thumb drive and the game is smooth as butter.
Edited by Nefarious#1181 on 6/27/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This didn't help on my laptop which has an i7 and nvidia 650M. Reduced to playing it on my old laptop which runs ok-ish on a 5470M. Pretty unhappy with the response from Blizzard on this.
Reply Quote
Wow i bought a gtx 570 because my nvidea gtx 280 XFX xxx edition card was doing that black screening crap. Ive followed this advice and set my max fps to 65, hardware settings to 4 and disabled the filtering. A little better i must say, and its good to know my gtx 280 is ok!! lol
Reply Quote
Didnt help at all. I have a Nvidia geforce gt 630m 2gb
Reply Quote
helped a lot, thank you!

HP Pavilion m6 Notebook
AMD Trinity A10 4600 APU (4 CPU's) ~2.3ghz
AMD Radeon HD 7660G
Reply Quote
Worked like a charm - thanks my friend!
Reply Quote
AWESOME!!! I was having the same issue. Your suggestion worked! Thanks!

Nvidia GEforce 9500 GT 512MB
Reply Quote
Hi I'm having a similar problem. When I first start the game up, it runs fine. But as I continue to play it get REALLY slow and it's hard to do anything. I tried changing the stuff in the file like WRAINE said but it didn't work. I have a NVIDIA 9100 graphics card. Any suggestions? Also I have everything turned on either low or off. This also happens with Starcraft 2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]