Diablo® III

Should I even bother?

I have over 10 million gold saved that I was going to buy some gear for my monk with. At this point it seems like it makes more sense to just reroll DH or Wiz and gear them with that gold instead. Why dump all that gold into a character and get minimal benefit?
Reply Quote
make dh gear then farm act 2 3 4 and get money back? xD
Reply Quote
For fun.

I'm in a similar scenario. Unwilling to dump a bunch of gold onto my monk, but I don't think my wizard is as fun as my monk even though he currently gets walked all over in Act 2 Inferno.
Reply Quote
Might want to save that gold once they fix loot.

Older items will not be updated. So legendaries, greens, and what have you are going to be change shortly.

Save it or donate it to someone like me (^-^)

Or invest it into gems. Which are also being fixed to a lower cost and less needed to upgrade.

IE
takes 2 gems to make the next higher level vs.s 3.
Cost to train artisans is lowered.
Unsure if cost to craft gems will also be lowered i think it will be the same.
Reply Quote
I have a WD in blues that can clear A1 Inferno and a Monk with 4x the hrs put into him stuck at the end of A2 Inferno. I've got 4M and I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop it on the Monk... it's just a cooler class. <3
Reply Quote
Wizard's can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRO5BNYBek&feature=youtube_gdata
Reply Quote
Wizard's can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRO5BNYBek&feature=youtube_gdata

Monks aren't broken guys, you just need to learn how to play. Just for example, roll a Wizard and you'll be fine. It's so easy to just play Monk in Inferno as a Wizard.
Reply Quote
10 million will only get you 4-5 elite items and thats if you know what your looking for and have the build already worked out.

Monk gear is very expensive.

But you will also find a lot of dh's complaining about being 1 shotted as well so i say go ahead be a dh lol
Edited by Taross#1144 on 5/30/2012 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 02:13 PMPosted by kwewu
I have over 10 million gold saved that I was going to buy some gear for my monk with. At this point it seems like it makes more sense to just reroll DH or Wiz and gear them with that gold instead. Why dump all that gold into a character and get minimal benefit?

Because it's worth playing something you have fun playing.

If you like the monk, play him. If you can't deal with being two-shotted past Act 2, then re-roll or wait for a patch.
Reply Quote
[quote="52702607715"]If you can't deal with being two-shotted past Act 2, then re-roll or wait for a patch.

Take it with a grain of salt, but there have been reports that some mobs in Act II are ignoring DR. They do equivalent damage whether you're naked or geared to 800 Resist All, apparently. I haven't tried testing this out but you might want to see if things are screwy before attempting to bulldoze through a possibly bugged act.
Edited by AlphaMagnum#1559 on 5/30/2012 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Take it with a grain of salt, but there have been reports that some mobs in Act II are ignoring DR. They do equivalent damage whether you're naked or geared to 800 Resist All, apparently. I haven't tried testing this out but you might want to see if things are screwy before attempting to bulldoze through a possibly bugged act.

I haven't heard anything about that. Sounds irritating to say the least.

Doesn't really affect me much though, I refuse to stack more than 300 resist on my monk. I just CC & high DPS anything in my path, and if I die, I die. I just try to avoid taking damage entirely and that works for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]