Diablo® III

Barbs in Inferno/Hell Discussion

And go.

I, for one, think I am having !@#$ luck with gear, and think we're the weakest classest yet.

Monks are able to tank and damage far better than I can, and well, every other class doesn't have to melee. I've resorted to being a stunbot or throw barb, neither of which really work well.

So far, I've had every monk be able to tank better than me, and outDPS me by at least 2x, if not 3x.

Does my gear just BLOW? I have around 28k HP and 2.5k dps, I really don't know what the hell is up with my gear. Most other classes have similar HP or higher, and way more DPS.

I did A4 hell with 2 monks, both tanked better and provided better support to the group than I did, I just stunned. They also were sitting at 6k and 7k DPS on the char sheet.
Edited by Chango99#1159 on 5/17/2012 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Barbs need love.
Reply Quote
nightmare wasnt so bad...

now the hell...

I could easily tank diablo or other bossess with 10k health in nightmare.

hell?

zombies get the best of me.

now I changed ma item and gems to vit which made me 20k hp bab..

still if I see a damn field boss with poison fast jail together? im dead.

we really need a skill on boasting our res... since our dps would not kill any fbs in 7 sec of ignore pain(and that 7 sec is boasted time from 5 by rune)
Reply Quote

we really need a skill on boasting our res... since our dps would not kill any fbs in 7 sec of ignore pain(and that 7 sec is boasted time from 5 by rune)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bSRjTP!gcU!acb.bZ

haha thats what im doing
Reply Quote
Just hit 60 today and did inferno skeleton king (easy)..

Anyway i had a easy time going full strength norm - nightmare.
Hell is when i started to switch gear to more VIT.
I solo'd act 1 and 2. After that act 3.. i notice myself skipping more mobs than usual.

I Eventually found a group and i went pure tank build. (did !@#$ dps)
But i got through Act 4 hell without wiping on diablo. Also Inferno Skeleton king without wiping.

So i would suggest you to find a good group to go through it with.

I realize that trash elites are harder than bosses sometimes.
Edited by Dizy#1438 on 5/17/2012 10:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I realize that trash elites are harder than bosses sometimes.[/quote]

to me? always..
Reply Quote
Good advice all around, Thanks!!
Reply Quote
Good advice, issue is seemingly I'm at 24k hp, around 3.9k armor and a fair amount of resists (about 40+ in all types) and im tanking for my DH buddy both lev 51 but we can't beat hell act 1 skeleking any tips, hes only doing about 5k crits is this low for a DH, Do i need more gear?
Reply Quote
chango,

your dps is way too low,
i'm atm 58 barb in hell act 3 got 28khp 4500 dps 3k5 armor.

i'm duo with monk and he says i'm the crazy DPS of this game, with wrath poped i usually make the kill easy, the monk is just here to allow me to hit for 15sec non-stop ...

On trash he's way better tho, but the difficulty isnt in trash packs :)
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 12:42 AMPosted by Ego
Good advice, issue is seemingly I'm at 24k hp, around 3.9k armor and a fair amount of resists (about 40+ in all types) and im tanking for my DH buddy both lev 51 but we can't beat hell act 1 skeleking any tips, hes only doing about 5k crits is this low for a DH, Do i need more gear?

Gear is fine, sounds like your build.

I use.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhYVcg!deX!YYZcZY

I normaly play with my buddies so I use the taunt with TS but if you're solo I'd go with falter or use intimidate if you need help chasing down range.

I just got into act 2 and can outheal the boss dps. For clearing I just pull in a big group with ground stop and hit whirlwind while spamming revenge. The only thing I can't out heal is some of the stronger ground AoE + mob pack.
Reply Quote
Yea everyone i see seems to love my barb. I lay waste to everything in my path. just finished nm usually tanking for DH. (Squishy little buggers.) Love the utility of the barb. When i wake up today i will be attempting hell A1 so we shall see how good/bad i am. ( Btw dont be afraid to toss 30-40k in the AH for a shield or armor. i bought a shield around 700 def with better str/vita than my 591 i had. Plus had a stocket. )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]