Diablo® III

WitchDoctor Primary Attack.

Hey everyone Level 27 WD here and just asking for a few tips or some advice from fellow players. The spels I use most often are acid cloud and grasp of the dead but I need a spell for my primary button and I'm not sure wich can be the most effective, Poison Darts, or fire bomb, or what? I would love some feedback thanks guys.

Also I'm unhappy about the lack of mana and how much the spells cost, not sure if anyone else feels the same.
Reply Quote
View profile
Once you get to 40 you get vision quest and all your mana problems go byebye
Reply Quote
300% after 4 or more spells are on cooldown? thats such an akward spell... why couldnt they just made it +100% mana regeneration.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/18/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Auyorn
300% after 4 or more spells are on cooldown? thats such an akward spell... why couldnt they just made it +100% mana regeneration.

It's actually not quite as weird as you might think, just keep Gargantuan on cooldown and a typical fight opening is running in to soul harvest then spirit walk out, right there you've got 3 on cooldown throw in a horrify, zombie wall, big bad voodoo etc and you're golden.
Reply Quote
A build with a lot of cooldown nukes fits it very nicely.

Also wasting spirit walk on getting a soul harvest buff is a terrible idea.

A mob traps you and then what are you gonna do?

My personal favorite primaries are firebomb and spiders.

Toads are great if you have mana regen or toad affinity since they stunt mana regen when spammed.

Basically for your build I would recommend spiders because of their higher single target DPS than firebomb since you have two AoE's already and it doesn't look like you want to be up close to toads. Darts are an option if you like that but I find the spiders ability to be thrown anywhere you need it along with no wasted damage with them as they don't overkill a target to be more useful.

However, if you find you really need single target DPS badly, go with darts.
Reply Quote
Since the other 3 really didn't answer your question.....

in 1 more level, you'll unlock Flash Fire
it adds a homing bounce to firebomb

add that into your rotation:
Grasp -> Acid Cloud -> Flash Fire everything
You don't even need to aim it, you can hold shift and cast it on the ground and it will still jump

With the right gear, you don't even need soul harvest. You'll clear rooms in seconds
Add in a % to freeze or fear and you'll be a CC god bcuz your damage comes from so many sources with multiple hits

Edit: Dude above me posted while I was typing, he sufficiently answered your question too lol
Edited by GodKing#1846 on 5/18/2012 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone you guys helped alot, well off to kill more demons for me, also if anyone else is reading this, any tips for soloing bosses as a WD?
Reply Quote
I find dart with splinters is the best primary for it and haunt with locusts was my favorite DPS combination.

Haunt with resentful spirit can be enough without the locusts though since the effect is so short.

Due to the witchdoctor lacking in heals when facing single targets, I use Hex with Hedge Magic all the time for the decent heal it gives. It's saved me countless times. Other than that it's preference on whether you want gargantuan to distract the boss or damaging nukes like fetish army or maybe you want to buff others with big bad voodoo.

Really there is just so much preference involved you can't tell someone else exactly what they should do.

edit: I forgot never use horrify on bosses. It's absolutely useless and I have no idea why they can be immune to the skill. Not even a shorter effect duration, it's just completely useless unless certain bosses can be affected. I stopped trying when random things decided it shouldn't work on them.
Edited by ShadeyHeart#1920 on 5/19/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Auyorn

don't forget to activate "elective mode" in gameplay options, so you don't get stuck with the retardedly limited skill selection they stick you with by default for every class.
Reply Quote
Since the other 3 really didn't answer your question.....

in 1 more level, you'll unlock Flash Fire
it adds a homing bounce to firebomb

add that into your rotation:
Grasp -> Acid Cloud -> Flash Fire everything
You don't even need to aim it, you can hold shift and cast it on the ground and it will still jump

With the right gear, you don't even need soul harvest. You'll clear rooms in seconds
Add in a % to freeze or fear and you'll be a CC god bcuz your damage comes from so many sources with multiple hits

Edit: Dude above me posted while I was typing, he sufficiently answered your question too lol

you can generally 1-2 shot everything with acid cloud if you open with your damage buff, and with the 20% damage reduction passive i actually enjoy tanking huge packs (still doing it in nightmare) while i kill them in a couple shots with acid cloud.
Reply Quote
Use explosive toads. I know they dont look cool, but those little buggers hit hard and they cover the area so mobs just run into them.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I use widowmaker spiders, mainly to fuel my delicious, yet expensive dire bats.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 12:42 AMPosted by landzai
Use explosive toads. I know they dont look cool, but those little buggers hit hard and they cover the area so mobs just run into them.

His build focuses on range from what he says and toads are the exact opposite of that.

They may hit hard but when used at range they don't really do much.
Reply Quote
Thankyou all for everything, Being a WD still frustrates me when i look at how much damage other classes do but I will try these strategies out and see how it goes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]