Diablo® III

i think staff of herding is glitched

90 Human Mage
so i caught on to the whole new cow level thing until it was too late. i bought the pattern for NIGHTMARISH staff of herding before i got the normal version and taught it to the bs. now after HOURS of izzy runs the staff will not drop. the runs take me a total of around 1 minute to 1 minute and 15 seconds, depends if my teleport bugs into a wall, and it still wont drop. my friend jumped in on literally one run with me and it dropped for him. so blizz im wondering if theres a glitch in the code where the normal staff plans wont drop if ur bs already knows how to make the nightmarish version.

bump this up please i want to enjoy rainbow land lmao
Reply Quote
Quick question about the staff if anyone knows does it use the items required to make the staff? Liek do I have to find the black mushroom again for higher difficulty staffs?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
no, u use the items to make normal staff then it costs 200k plus normal staff to turn it into next level
Reply Quote
Actually, I learned the Nightmare plans first before I got the Normal ones. After about 5 runs in Normal from killing Izzy, he dropped the Normal plans for me. I just can't seem to get Chiltara to spawn though... Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
thankyou for cleaning that up its getting pretty frustrating.

p.s. i got my gemstone in 2 chiltara runs <3
Reply Quote
Yep, confirmed that this is not the case. I was in the same boat as you.
Reply Quote
Took me about 15 attempts yesterday, and I was wondering the whole time if I'd screwed up learning the Nightmare pattern first.

Keep at it. <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
yup it finally dropped, thanks everyone =]
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I've done dozens and dozens of Izual runs and still haven't seen the recipe for the normal staff. Is anyone aware of any requirements for the staff to drop, factors that change the drop rate, etc.? I'm starting to think there's a curse. Or a bug.
Reply Quote
Same problem here. I guess I will keep trying.
Reply Quote
It's all random chance, unfortunately. I got all the ingredients relatively quickly, excluding the gemstone - took about an hour and thirty minutes to get the right cave with the correct rare mob.

I stumbled upon the black mushroom and the plans, in fact I got the normal staff plans off nightmare Izual without farming it, just by chance. It seems unless you're super lucky, there will be at least one ingredient of the staff quest in which you spend a few hours.

I'm not sure if Chiltara only spawns in the caverns of frost level 2, but there's where all the videos I have seen him at, and where I found him at.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Thanks for this tread, I'll keep on farming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]