Diablo® III

Game freezes, does not crash on join/leaving

Upon entering or exiting a game, the game freezes for 1-2 minutes, before switching to the loading screen and then showing up in town within 5-10s afterwards. During the freeze, I cannot minimize/maximize, or do anything. Bringing up the task manager through forcing Ctrl+Alt+Del shows Diablo III.exe as "not responding". However, after 1-2 minutes, it goes back to "running", at which point the game maximizes and joins normally. Same thing upon exiting- after "Leaving game... 0", the game freezes and I cannot minimize for a good 1-3 minutes.

Specs: Fully patched Win 7
GeForce GT540M, latest drivers
Quadcore i7.

No issues with freezing or graphical lag/performance in game, nor during menus/logon (other than serverside err 37 and such). The game itself becomes unresponsive, and only when it has found a game to join, when I create a game, or leave any game.

Anyone else experience this or have a fix?
Reply Quote
Bumping, as it has long since gone off second page, and Support should be awake now.
Reply Quote
Bumping. I know others are having issues with the GT540M, though this particular issue wasn't mentioned.
Reply Quote
Hello! Bumping because I have the exact same problem!

specs:
Fully patched win 7 64bit
ATI HD 4870 X2 2GB
12GB ram
Intel core i7 920 @2.66GHz

Hoping for a fix soon, especially because my friends and I leave and rejoin our game quite often to browse the auction house!
Reply Quote
Bump, same here, i can actually alt-tab / do anything i want outside the game. application freezes for 1-2min after clicking play on the launcher, starting a game or joining someone, leaving the game back to main menu. Game itself runs smooth when it finally loads.

http://pastebin.com/agf4dgqw <- Launcher log
http://pastebin.com/DNr0Ym5N <- Agent log

Agent error log also reports "GameSession: Could not set the process of the pid XXXX to the foreground."

Core2Duo E7400
4GB RAM
GeForce 550Ti
Win7 x64
2x 1920x1200 screens, playing in fullscreen windowed mode
Reply Quote
hi, i had the same problem as well but i solve mine by upgrading my Geforce 550 Ti driver to the latest and solved the issue.

Not sure if this works for everyone but its worth a try. ^^
Reply Quote
hi, i had the same problem as well but i solve mine by upgrading my Geforce 550 Ti driver to the latest and solved the issue.

Not sure if this works for everyone but its worth a try. ^^

I tried both 296.10 (latest whql), and 301.24 (latest beta) drivers,could you check which version fixed the issue for you?
Edited by pit#2466 on 5/21/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump, still stuck with that issue, changed drivers back and forth, installed every possible update to everything, nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]