Diablo® III

Anyone actually enjoying the monk at 60?

Hey all.
Just got my monk to lvl 44 and so far find it enjoyable but recently started reading these threads and all i hear is people saying how bad or boring this class is at 60. Does anyone have actually anything good to say about this class for inferno? Not trying to start a flame, just want to know if i should reroll before i get any further into this game.
Reply Quote
I'd like to, but there's only 1-2 viable builds, and by viable I mean you NEED to take them so you get 2-shot instead of 1-shot while you are stuck in Act I until Blizzard buffs you or nerfs Inferno. Insult to injury is, the gear won't change anything, so it's a sad state of affairs for barbs and monks right now. Hopefully Blizzard has a fast response...
Edited by Fizzik#1212 on 5/20/2012 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Got my monk to 60, currently rerolling a wiz to stand a decent chance at farming inferno solo.
Reply Quote
so u cant even farm inferno solo even with spamming the heal?
Reply Quote
I had a lot of fun with tank Monk until about 47th level. Then I had to respec to a attack and damage Monk. Now I'm lvl 52 and having a lot of fun in the 3rd act of Hell. Even with 3 people in the group.

Now I started to look more towards the AH to balance the grear right.
Reply Quote
The problem with "spamming" heal is that cool downs prevent spam. D2 didn't have cool downs :( closest thing to it was a 1.5 second cast delay on blizzard and hydra. Only skill that needed a cool down was teleport.

I don't mean to complain too much I'm having a blast with this game. Some things just need balance tweaks.
Reply Quote
its all good, like i said im just trying to figure out what i wanna do now before i move on. 44 monk is still a good level to jump back into if and when they fix the problem. I guess i can mess around with other toons untill something happens.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]