Diablo® III

Solution for Choppy/Lag Gameplay Found!

Hello,

So today i figured out a solution to this problem.

first these are my specs:

Mac: Macbook Pro 2010 Model
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 300M 256 MB
Software: OS X Lion 10.7.4

Now, when you enter the game go to options, change all the in-game video/graphics setting to low, and turn off shadow and cluster. Once done turn down your resolution to as low as possible. For me i am using 1024x640 (widescreen). There you go, thats all there needs to fix this problem.

Before i did this my FPS (cmd + r) was 65-60 thats when i am in town, but as soon as i leave to fight monsters it dropped to 5-30. Once i reached Act II 'OMG' it was so terrible 2-10 FPS. But as i change the setting my FPS is now 20-40 when im fighting monsters or in a cave. Of course there will be a little unexpected lag but so far has not affected my gameplay.

Do NOTE:
When playing quite a long time on the macbook pro, it does become really slow, all the commands, i have no idea why, but my guess is something to do with the processor. But for me to fix this i just simply restart the computer and let it rest for a while.

(: Enjoy

P.S. Sorry if my english isn't great and contains any grammer mistake, english is my 2nd language.
Reply Quote
Dont you think we've tried this already....?
Reply Quote
Unfortunately people have been playing at 800x600 with everything turned off / low and they're getting ~10FPS everywhere.

Also, on my MBP (8600M GT), I get a constant 20FPS even after playing for 4-5 hours. 1024x768, all settings off / low.
Reply Quote
Do any of you not read the hundreds of posts that have been here before you post? This has been covered a long time ago so I'm just confused as to what people do when they get on the forums. Typically, at least I thought, you search around to see if your questions had already been addressed on another thread before blindly posting another. That way it doesn't slow everything down by trying to find solutions. I'm not being snarky, I'm really serious, why do I see this all the time on blizz forums? Just strange to me.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Entropia
Dont you think we've tried this already....?

well, fortunately it works for me so idk....

Unfortunately people have been playing at 800x600 with everything turned off / low and they're getting ~10FPS everywhere.

Also, on my MBP (8600M GT), I get a constant 20FPS even after playing for 4-5 hours. 1024x768, all settings off / low.

Okay, well at least you can play though. But for me these settings works really well for me so i have no clue why its not a generic solution :S
Reply Quote
Hello,

So today i figured out a solution to this problem.

first these are my specs:

Mac: Macbook Pro 2010 Model
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 300M 256 MB
Software: OS X Lion 10.7.4

Now, when you enter the game go to options, change all the in-game video/graphics setting to low, and turn off shadow and cluster. Once done turn down your resolution to as low as possible. For me i am using 1024x640 (widescreen). There you go, thats all there needs to fix this problem.

Before i did this my FPS (cmd + r) was 65-60 thats when i am in town, but as soon as i leave to fight monsters it dropped to 5-30. Once i reached Act II 'OMG' it was so terrible 2-10 FPS. But as i change the setting my FPS is now 20-40 when im fighting monsters or in a cave. Of course there will be a little unexpected lag but so far has not affected my gameplay.

Do NOTE:
When playing quite a long time on the macbook pro, it does become really slow, all the commands, i have no idea why, but my guess is something to do with the processor. But for me to fix this i just simply restart the computer and let it rest for a while.

(: Enjoy

P.S. Sorry if my english isn't great and contains any grammer mistake, english is my 2nd language.

Thank you Captain Obvious
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]